Under The Moonlight [2]

Chapter 2:

"Again, that's 'What Makes You Beautiful' by One Direction."

My world seemed to stop after hearing those words. After a few seconds, I glanced at the wall clock, and it's already quarter to 1. I curled myself on my bed, wrapping my arms around my pillow. Tomorrow, I'll get to know who and what One Direction is.

***

I woke up at quarter to 9. It's too early for my usual wake-up time during a Saturday morning, but today, I don't feel like going back to sleep.

I noticed that I was still wearing Niall's clothes, so I went to my closet, grabbed a casual dirty white dress saying, 'Forever Young.' My sister bought this dress for me, and since then, it was my favorite dress. Well, practically saying, no one wants to get old, or maybe most people doesn't.

I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and combed my hair, letting it fall freely on my back. After that, I went downstairs, grabbed the cereals, put it in a bowl and poured some fresh milk. I was eating when my favorite song blasted. It must be my phone. I had my ring tone in full volume since I always misplace my phone. I followed the sound, and it was coming from the living room. Yeah, I left my phone on the top of a shelf yesterday.

I quickly hit the 'answer' button.

"Hello?" I muttered. 

"Hey, Hannah!" the person on the other line said, and I recognized her voice right away. 

"Hey. Why'd you call?" It was Lara, my best friend. 

"Do you wanna go shopping today?" she asked. 

"Sure. Pick me up by 11?" I answered. 

"Okay. See you then. Bye!" she said, and she hung up.

I continued eating, then put my plate on the dishwasher afterwards. It was only 9:30. What to do for one and a half hours?

For the next 15 minutes, I've been browsing my sister's magazines that she brought here last month when she went home. I found this interesting article about a boy band called "One Direction." I quickly checked it out.

"One Direction, or simply 1D is said to be the biggest boy band today. It is a British-Irish boy band who won the third place in the X Factor UK 2010. 1D consists of five members namely Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan..."

I stopped there. It's enough for me to know that they're really popular. It's enough to tell me how stupid I am for not knowing who they are. It's as if I have caught the brightest star, yet I still can't see it's light. What do they think of me now?! The only girl in the world who doesn't know who they are?! The girl who instead of asking them for autographs, asked their names?!

I closed the magazine, and arranged them back to the drawer. I went up to my room, and got changed. I got a pair of jeans and a long sleeved, off-shoulder blouse.

About 30 minutes before 11, I heard the doorbell ring. I thought I told her to pick me up at 11, why is she so early? I hurriedly opened the door, hoping it was Lara, but to my surprise, I saw a group of people, about 30, holding microphones, recorders and cameras. Once I have opened the door, my eyes were blinded by continuous flashes of cameras. They were talking, and I can hear their loud noise, but I don't understand a thing. They were asking me questions, a lot, to the point that I don't know which one to answer first, so instead of talking and entertaining them, I went inside the house, and locked the door.

Maybe, if I were someone else, a fan to be exact, I'd be entertaining those reporters and paparazzi, and telling the whole world how lucky I am to step on 1D's apartment, be able to talk to them, and even wear one of them's clothes, but I wasn't a fan. And the worse thing here is that I don't even know who One Direction is, well maybe I do, maybe I know them by name, but I'm not interested with them. I may not be able to see them again, but how do I tell that to these people outside my house?! They won't stop bothering my life. They won't stop even though I wanted them to.

So this is how popular One Direction is, I thought to myself. And this is what I get for being with them last night, and not knowing who they really are.

***

Author's Note:

Here you go with Chapter 2.

Thank you for reading!

I hope you'll be supporting this story until the end.

Vote for this chapter.

Leave your comments.

And... be a fan, maybe?

Thank you, guys.

Love you all.

Take care~!!!

God Bless.

Keep a smile painted on your faces~!!

-iammissred. xxx

Under The Moonlight.