Chapter 3

Ellie's POV

I burst out of the back door where Clary went and see the cab she got into already driving away.

"Shit!" I say and run a hand through my hair. "Clary!" I whisper under my breath. I look around and see a lot of people around so I walk down to a empty alley way. When I find one I look around again and pull my stele out drawing the rune for a portal. When I see the purple portal appear in front of me on the wall I am just about to walk through when I my phone vibrates, Ryan. I ignore the text because I can't deal with him right now and step through the portal thinking of the hallway outside my apartment. I walk into the hallway in front of my apartment door because mom and Clary don't know I can do this. I reach for the handle and walk in to see mom and Clary. Gezz that cab was fast even though we don't live far from it but still.

"Clary relax!" Mom says trying to calm Clary down.

"Relax mom I think Me and Jamie killed people!"Clary says freaking out.

"They weren't someone more like a something." I say and Clary's head wips around to face me.

"What are you talking about? Something? JAMIE YOU KILLED THREE PEOPLE!!" She says yelling at me.

"NO CLARY! I DIDN'T! THOSE WEREN'T PEOPLE I ALREADY TOLD YOU THIS! WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME WHEN IM TELLING THE TRUTH! They weren't people Clary." I say yelling back. I look to mom "you need to tell her or I will!" I say and sit down on the love seat. Mom sighs and looks down.

"Tell me what? What is going on?!" Clary asks.

"What did the markings on the blond boy look like?" Mom asks and I roll my eyes.

"Who cares mom okay? Are you even listened to me?! I think we killed people" Clary says paseing.

"Clary... did they look like this?" Mom says pulling up her sleeve and running the style over the angelic rune.

"Mom what the...?" Clary says looking freaked out.

"Everything you saw tonight has a meaning and an explanation. And I've dreaded having this conversation with you since the moment you were born." Mom starts.

"What is going on?" Clary asks. "Am I going insane?"

"No your not! But the protections are wearing off. Your 18 now and you need to know the truth." Mom continues.

"Protections? What does that even mean? Mom, your scaring the hell out of me." Clary says freaking out.

"I know and that's why I left it till the last minute" mom starts but gets cut off by Dot, moms assistant and warlock in residence.

"Jocelyn! Look outside! Their here. Magnus called to warn us. They found you!" she says and runs to the bathroom.

"Dot it's time!" Mom says looking out of the window "okay listen to me, neither of you can be near me right now."

"What's happening?" Clary asks.

"I made a very powerful person angry." Mom says heading the the book case.

"What did you do?" I ask not knowing the full truth.

"I hid something from him and his followers." Mom says.

"Followers? Mom why can't we just call the police?" She asks.

"The police man you need to call is Luke." She turns Clary around and puts a necklace around her neck. "Keep this with you and think of me when you wear it." Mom says.

"Mom this is not the time for more birthday gifts! What the hell is happening?" Clary says yelling at mom.

"Only if you need it." Dot says and hands mom a potion bottle with green liquid inside it.