Chapter 17

Ellie's POV

I wake up to a knock on my door, I roll out of my bed and open the door.

"WHAT!" I say loudly because they woke me up.

"Okay gezz sorry. Dont wake you up in the morning sorry." Izzy says laughing.

"Sorry Iz. What's up?" I say waking up.

"Uh Clary and Jace got back to me, Simon made it through transition. And I was about to go down to the mourge and check out the forsaken. You want to come?" 

"Uh yah let me get changed and I'll meet you down there." I tell her and she nods leaving as I close the door. Walking over to my dresser and pull out a red blouse and a black leather pants. After changing I grab black stilettos and walk to the mourge to meet Izzy.

"Hey Iz." I say grabbing a lab coat and joining her at the table.

"Hey. So do you want to give the body a look?" She smiles widely.

"Duh." I say laughing and start looking at the body, my mind starts driffting to what type of experaments Valentine could have been doing. I stop moving when my hand stops on the forsakens neck. Taking a closer look I see small red marks suggesting a needle was placed there. "Hey Iz." 

"Yah?"

"Where did you take the blood samples out of?"

"Just above the elbow why?" Consitrating more I am able to notice the veins are green rather than blue. 

"The colour of it's blood."

"What about it?" Izzy is now by my side.

"It's green."

"That doesn't seem right. Blood is blue when in the body isnt it"

"Exactly. Take a smaple from the neck, see what you can find." I tell her as I head to it's feet and study the body from there. As Isabelle is studying the blood sample from the neck my vision goes blurry and something appears in front of me. As the vision focuses I see the Seelie court symbol and the shadowhunter symbol. The vision dissapears and my head starts questioning what that could mean. All of a sudden it hits me. "You have angle and seelie blood in your system." I whisper. "Your not alone." I say out loud this time and start running to the front of the institute.

"Where are you going." Izzy yells after me.

"Their in danger." I say very vage but she will understand soon. I reach the main area of the institute and hear grunting coming from the training room. "Hodge." I say recognizing the fighting noise coming from my weapons trainer. Arriving in the room I see Alec trying to fight off another forsaken, as he pulls his sword out the forsaken hits him in the arm knocking him down. "NO! Alec!" I run to him kneeling down. "You okay?"

"I'm fine" He says coldly reaching for his bow but winces.

"Don't I got this." I tell him grabbing the bow and aiming it for his knee. Letting the arrow fly it lands exactly where I wanted it to causing it to fall to one knee. Standing up I pull  my daggers out and start slashing at its chest until it stops moving as much before. Dropping my daggers and snapping his neck.

"How did you... what the hell?" Alec say confused.

"There is something I havent told you." I say walking back to him and help him sit up so he wont hurt himself. 

"What is it Jamie?" he asks.

"I'm, not-" I am cut off by Hodge groaning and Izzy running to Alec. I stand up so Isabelle can reach her brother and I go to help Hodge. "Hey you okay?"

"I'm good thank you. How is Alec?" Hodge questions.

"Hurt, but okay. He's not dead... neither of you are so thats good." I smile and him and he does the same.

"Thanks again Jamie. I am going to head to the hosptial room and get a check up you should take Alec there." I nod and watch Hodge walk out. 

"You should really go to the hospital room you know that right." Isabelle says to Alec.

"I'm fine Izzy." He says back.

"No your not Alec. I'm going to go get your Father." I say starting to walk out of the training room.

"Wait Jamie!" Alec calls after me and I face him. "You were going to tell me something." Izzy's eyes are on me knowing what I was going to tell him. My eyes wander to hers and she gives me a 'tell him' look.

"uh, it's nothing big. Just wanted to let you know that uh, me and Ryan broke up but it's not your fault so dont worry about it." I smile and leave to go find Robert.

**5 minutes later**

Robert has been trying to stich Alec up but he keeps moving. Before Robert is about to finish Alec's phone starts buzzing, he reaches for it but I hit his hand out of the way.

"No talking, just healing." I take the phone and answer it leaving Alec with his dad and sister.

"Alec I need you." Jace says through the phone.

"It's Jamie. We need you. Theres been an attack on the institute." I stop in the hallway and talk to him.

"An attack?" Jace says surprised which I dont blame him for.

"Valentine created a forsaken that went through the wards" 

"Thats not possible, Jamie. Nothing can get through the wards. They're... they're warlock spells to defend against all downworlders."Jace says trying to be a smartass.

"Not this one. It had Seelie blood with angel properties.Jace it went after Hodge... and Alec." I say knowing its going to hurt him knowing his parabatai was involved in an attack.

"Are they okay? is Alec-" He asks. I cut him off

"Well they aren't dead if thats what you mean." I say now being a smartass because the guy I love is injured.

"Thats not funny Jamie. Are they okay?" He asks again.

"They're banged up, but they'll live. I killed it, it was after the-" Clary cuts me off this time.

"The cup."

"Jamie I'll be there as soon as I can." Jace tells me and hangs up. I pull the phone away from my ear and let out a sigh before returning to the hosptial room to give Alec his phone back and to make sure he is okay. Jace better hurry his ass back to the institute or he's dead.