Chapter 23

Ellie's POV

We arrive back at the Hotel Du Mort because we have to leave Simon here, I cant believe he agreed to this.

"Clary, Ellie, we have to go. Meliorn is a wanted man, we have to get him back to the Seelie court where he's protected." Jace tells us.

"We know Jace, just give us a second to say goodbye to Simon please." I whisper to him. He nods and I walk over to Si and Clary. 

"I wish you could come with us." Clary says. I look in my periferal and see Jace look away because he's jealous, I smirk and turned my attention back to Simon.

"I've got a lot of stuff to work on here. Like... controlling my murderous tendencies." He says and I smile at him.

"I think your almost got that covered." I say and he smiles back at me.

"We'll see each other soon. I promise." He says looking at Clary and I.

"Don't..." I start but he looks at me. "Nevermind... Just be safe please." I put my hand on his arm.

"Always." I nod and walk over to Jace who still looks jealous.

"Wow. Jealousy is not a good look on you JC." I say smirking at him.

"I'm not jealous what are you talking about i'm no... i'm not jealous. Jealous of what?" He tries to play it off.

"Dude! It's so obvious" I laugh at him. "And for the record Clary doen't like Simon like that, if that's what your worried about." I tell him and walk away looking out the window watching the people. 

"Were leaving Ellie." Jace tells me and I nod following them outside where we meet Isabelle and Meliorn. I know Clary is uncomfortable with Izzy and Meliorn kissing becuase she clears her throat.

"I hate to break up this reunion, Izzy, but we have to go." Jace tells her.

"You're in good hands." She tells him before turning to us. "I need to get back to the institute, see what hell has broken loose. Try and talk some sense into Alec. Take care of him."

"We will Iz don't worry." I tell her and give her a hug before watching her walk away. Meliorn turns to us.

"Isabelle told me it was your idea to rally the downworlders. That you spearheaded my rescue." He tells Clary and I roll my eyes.

"Don't give me too much credit. It was actually Elizabeth's Idea I just helped round up the downworlders." She says.

"Please I didn't do anything but come up with the idea." I say being honest.

"Their being modest. You're both full shadowhunters now." Jace says.

"I've been surprised by more than one shadowhunter tonight. You girls have risked everything to unite us." Meliorn says.

"Right after you tried to sell them out." Jace tells him mad.

"Not my finest moment." He replies and I laugh.

"No shit." I silently say.

"Which is why I'm offering you a gift for your, both of your sacrifice." He looks at us and lets out a sigh. "If you're ready... I can help you find your father Clary." Both mine and Clary's mouth drops.

***

20 minutes later we arrive in the Seelie Court.

"Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore." Clary says and I laugh because of the metephor.

"Welcome to the Seelie Glade, Clary Fairchild, and Elizabeth Lovelace." Meliorn says calmly. "The remotest edges of it."

"How did we get here?" Clary asks.

After All This Timeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें