Chapter 14

Ellie's POV

I pull my phone out and I type in a familiar number.

"Hello Muffin. How can I he-" I cut Magnus off.

"Magnus! Ryan... Ryan is... He's hurt... he was..." I say freaking out not knowing what to do.

"Breath Elizabeth. Tell me what is happening?" He says calming me back.

"He.. the scratches... he's in pain... eyes... colour... different... Magnus... don't know... to do." I say not being about to get a good sentence in. Tears are falling down my face now because if I hadn't have told him to leave the institute he wouldn't be in this position.

"Elizabeth you need to tell me what happened to him. I can't help if you don't tell me." Magnus says still trying to get me to tell him what happend.

"Werewolf. He's turning." I say scared. No response on the other end, "Magnus? Please tell me wh-" I am cut off but the sound of magic a few feet away from me. My head turns to see Magnus step out of the portal and kneel beside me.

"Let me take him to my loft muffin. You need to go back inside before you get in trouble. Come visit tomorrow. He will be fine." He tells me. I nod not saying a word and put my walls back up before standing up and walking inside to my room.

** The next day**

I'm sitting at the end on a long table looking at Jace and Clary talk about the cup and rules about being a shadow hunter. I smirk and stand on the table walking in my 6 inch stilettos down to the end where Clary and Jace are.

"What's the second rule?" Clary asks. At this point I flip over the two grabbing the cup tossing it to Izzy mid air and sticking a prefect landing. I stand up and face them.

"There's nothing a shadowhunter can't do in heels." I say and high five Izzy when she comes down the stairs from where she was.

"Now put the cup away Clary" I say handing her the cup.

"No downworlder can get into the institute." Jace tells Alec but I roll my eyes.

"I think last I checked Valentine wasn't a downworlder." I say smirking at Jace. He sticks his tongue out and I return it.

"The cup isn't safe here we have to give it back to the clave." Alec says.

"Give it back to the clave no. Not after everything we've been through to get it." Clary says.

"My brother is right. The cup is extremely important" Iz says. Clary sighs.

"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec jokes.

"I'm full of surprises" she smirks.

"This cup is the one chance I have at getting my mother back." She says.

"I agree with Clary." Jace says, I roll my eyes.

"Of course you do. Oh oops did I say that out loud. My bad." I says sarcastically.

"We can't give the cup to the clave not now." He says.

"And why not?" I ask.

"We need it." He tells me. "It's our only bargaining chip."

"Look I know the cup is powerful. It has the power to create new shadowhunters, control demons, even kill a mundane if they drank from it. But I promise you I will not let that monster get its hands on it." Clary says.

"There you go. You have her word." Jace tells Alec.

"Follow me" Alec says and walks to the weapons room to bind it in a sealed vault. I wait with Izzy by the computers. The alarm starts going off meaning there is a downworlder outside the perimeter.