Car ride

It's been a month and 3 weeks since mine and joeys argument. We gave each other a second chance because I realised that he is only trying to help me. It's joeys family reunion next week and I'm really scared for him. We are in the car on the way home from meeting my old school friend from high school.
Joey was driving but still put his hand on my thigh. I loved him but I'm scared.
Joeys POV
I place my hand on his thigh but keep my eyes on the road. I am trying to concentrate on driving but thoughts of the family reunion in a week is taking over my mind. I can't drive like this so I pull over into a cafe car park and my eyes start to sting with tears so I pull my hand off Daniel and wipe my eyes.
Joey... what's wrong?
I... I'm scared about the reunion.
It's ok Joey... do you want me to come with you?
Yeah...
Ok then. But if your scared then why are you going?
Because it's family...
But your dad is there and he hates you...
No... its the Alcohol and drugs talking.
Then why would he abuse you for being gay even when he was sober??
I don't care he loves me.
No he doesn't joe just get over it.
Daniel... I know he abuses and hurts me but he is part of my family... he's changed.
And if he hasn't?
He has.
Joey just know he hasn't changed and neither has the rest of your family...
I love them.
Joey! (He raised his voice so he is now shouting at me) listen to me. They hate you...
I don't care if it's one way love it's family!
I can't believe you.
GET OUT OF THE CAR DANIEL!
He storms out and runs.
I just sit there letting the tears roll down my face. I guess I'm facing this alone. I can't believe he'd say that! I hate him. He has no idea. He does love me and I know he does.
Daniels POV.
I get out the car and run. I run home to my flat. I am only trying to help him. I run into my room, past my sister and into my room and cry. Suddenly she barges in.
Hey dan, what do you want for din... Are you crying?
Yeah...
Why?
I stubbed my toe.
Clumsy! So what do you want for dinner.
I've eaten.
She left.
I would have told her about me and Joey but I didn't want to ruin their friendship so I just left it.