Chapter 2: Guts Out

Alyssa's POV

"That's a given--"

Holy crap. Pinch me, is this real?

"Well, aren't you happy to see me?" He said, smiling that gorgeous smile that made thousands, if not millions, of girls' undies off the hook. This isn't real. It's not. This is just one of the dreams I have every single night. This is one of them. Sooner or later, my alarm clock, being the worst villain there is, will wake me up and shake me off to reality. Right?

So here I am, judgment's clouded, measuring the situation at hand. Ashton Kutcher, you can come out now and remove Harold's mask from this impersonator and tell me I'm being pranked.

"Hello?" His voice reverberated in my body. 

I'm not wrong. It is him.

I was too mesmerized and baffled to even speak anything, neither move from where I'm standing. I swear, if only I can slap myself, I would. But no, I can't do that. Not in front of him. He'll see me as a whack. My mental senses won't work. It's all knotted up. Everything's all knotted up. I couldn't find the words to say, maybe out of fear that when it comes out, it would be knotted at the same time. I find no word that could describe my physical state in the moment. Gobsmacked? Overwhelmed? No, those words underestimate. What I'm feeling, it's more than that. Confusion, shock, amazement, and everything in between.

"Uhh, miss?" He called, waving a hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my trance and blushed crimson. I heard the pitter-pattering of the rain on his red umbrella. Harry Styles is in front of me. This guy is in front me and I don't know if he knows it or not, but I'm trying hard not to collapse right now. 

"Oh my God! I'm sorry!" I stuttered, my hands shaking out of nervousness, afraid of what words might come out of my mouth.

He chuckled. It rang through my ears. "You're from Holmes Chapel High School, right?" He paused, studying my uniform. "Your school is 3 blocks away from here. We pass by that school a lot when we're on our way to our rehearsals." He said, grinning. This is too much for me too take. Please wake me up. I'm scared to make even the tiniest of mistake for this to be real. Holy shit.

"The boys.. You.. One Direction? Here?" I managed to say. 

Alyssa! For once in your life, say something properly. You look like an idiot right now! Okay, breathe. We've had breathing exercises before during P.E right? We've had them during the times your heart was beating so fast because it was supplying oxygen to your bloodstream when you beat yourself playing volleyball. Do you remember? Breathe. 

Your heart was beating faster than it was after you played volleyball, stupid. Breathing exercises don't work in this situation anymore.

He looked at me confusingly. Seconds later, he nodded his head, as if understanding what I've said. How could anyone understand what I said? I suddenly want to dig a hole and crawl in there, live in that hole until the day I die. I am so embarrassed. 

"Yes. We're on our way to our rehearsals when we saw you on the street when it started to rain. Hop in, we'll give you a ride." he replied. No way. No way. He's with his band mates and he requested me to join? Something like this seems so good to be true so it must be a dream. These happen only in fanfics I read on Wattpad. This couldn't be real. Shit. It would take a whole lot of waking up for me to get over this. 

"Are you sure I could hitch a ride? You're going to be late." I replied, keeping my cool. And it was so damn hard not to scream at his face and flail my hands around the place. I am known to be one who keeps all the calm in her system whatever happens and now, I don't even want to be called by that description. It's so difficult to do so at this situation. 

However, this is a once in a lifetime chance and a memory I would carry to my grave, dream or not, so I will hold onto it with dear life.

"Of course not. And why would we leave you here when it's raining? Definitely discouraged in the codes of a gentleman," he laughed and my body shook with it, "I mean, yeah, we could be late but we are not going to leave you behind like this, now could we?" He said, chuckling.

He looked at me and smiled. I looked at his eyes and even though around us was dark and our surroundings only provided a small amount of light to see him, they glowed. God help me I'm drowning. They are so ethereal, out of this world. They're the kind you want to get lost in. He has a strong and a sharp jawline, as if looking at it might cut your irises. I have never been able to see him up-close like this. But here I am, taking in every detail of Harold Edward Styles.

My daydreaming has come to a halt when I heard a loud beeping of a red bus paired with the flashing of its headlights. That was also a reminder that I've been staring at him. At the most beautiful man I've ever set my eyes on, so far. Have I been so caught up in this that I haven't noticed that he was staring right back at me?

Ew, no. Why would he stare? And what would he stare at? At the campsite on your forehead?

"That's probably Louis. He could be impatient y'know?" He chuckled, "So you coming or not?" he said, his cheeks showing a pair of dimples. 

"Yes, I'm coming.." I was waken up from my trance and for the first time in this most wonderful occurrence in my life, I smiled.