Chapter 23: There's Always a Bright Side to Everything

Alyssa's POV

I can't believe this. They're gonna leave us for how long? A MONTH. Who's going to tuck me in the night? Just kidding. BUT WHO'S GOING TO COOK OUR FOOD? Well, we could always order McDonald's everyday until we get fat and stay in our sofa. But leave us for a month? That's too long. They could've let us come with them. Oh right, their anniversary.

As if reading my thoughts, "Hey, I thought we should be happy! Cheer up lovebug." Dad looked at me and smiled.

"Yea! Besides, a month isn't that long. And you have school! That should keep you company. And don't forget the gadgets!" Mum smiled reassuringly.

She's right.. There's got to be a bright side to this right? I mean, no parents, means no chores! NO PARENTS MEANS NO BOSSES.

"Okay!" Cheryl cheered quickly.

"Oh, and just one thing.." Mum added. "We're going to leave tomorrow morning!" Mom exclaimed happily. My eyes widened. Okay, I'm totally fine with that. Not. How can you be happy when your parents are going to leave you guys for a WHOLE MONTH and catching the plane tomorrow morning without saying a word about it? Didn't think so.

"Does it have to be tomorrow morning?" I grunted, "What time?"

"Yep." Dad replied, popping the 'p'. "Uhm.. The plane's going to leave at exactly 7.. So we're going to leave at 5 to get all the things ready. You know what they say, the early bird catches the plane!"

I looked at him, "I thought it was the bird who catches the worm though.." I replied as they laughed.

Dad shrugged his shoulders, "Meh. It's the same thing."

He shove another cake into his mouth, "Dammit, this cake is so delicious."

"Muuuuumm, so did you pack all your things yet?" I asked, as I fiddled with my charm bracelet.

"Yep. Didn't you see our bags in our room? We've been planning this all along! Ha! You didn't see this coming did you?" Mum replied, laughing. Mum, wow. Just wow. Yep, we didn't see this coming. "We're so excited! You know.. Eating their food.. Looking at the sights. Incredible!"

"I wish I can go too.." Cheryl pouted. THAT'S RIGHT CHER. YOU GO CHER.

Dad pinched her cheek, "Aw honey.. Next time okay? Right now, it will be just mummy and I okay?" he replied, winking at mum. Pftt, you guys.

"Okay!" Cheryl replied happily.

Finishing my last bit of cake, I stood up and carried my plate to the sink.

I smiled, "I'm off! Mum, your turn to wash the dishes tonight right?" As soon as I finished my statement, I ran upstairs to my room, not bothering to what mum's response was going to be. What? I just can't handle cold water running on my hands! It's.. cold.

I wiped the unecessary cake bits of my hand on my jeans and checked my phone out of my drawer to see a message from Harry. It said,

'Hey babe! How was the party?'

A smile instantly grew on my face.

I replied, 'It was pretty good I guess.. How's the lads? :)'

I laid my phone on my sidetable and scrolled through my laptop. I don't care about those haters anymore. They can say whatever they want about me but I won't change anything about myself and Harry actually makes me feel better about it. So I figured I'd check my Twitter. Oh and Facebook! I haven't seen it in ages!

On my Twitter timeline, there were these tweets about a video and a picture. Though, I couldn't figure out what it was about. I shrugged it off, knowing that it wasn't my business. Until I saw some of the tweets on my timeline. It was connected to me after all.