My Once in a Lifetime: Once in a Wet Day

Alyssa's POV

He was leaning in, his emerald eyes driving me to the edge. He's smiling with that stupid crooked mouth, with his stupid deep dimples that show, and I think, what a stupid grin. His hair was tousled in a way you couldn't tell if he just woke up with such curly locks that goes in all directions. He was leaning forward and the butterflies in my stomach were a shameful understatement all in all. There was a whole damn zoo in my guts and they were wild, as if a menace released all the animals in their cages and let them go free. He was leaning forward and I found myself mirroring his gesture. I closed my eyes, with him being the last one I see before surrendering myself to him, before accepting the fact that I wanted to drown in his ethereal eyes that gleamed with color. I leaned in, pursed my lip, and...

And..

And...

*Buzz buzz buzz*

I groaned. This is worse than getting splashed with cold water to wake your soul from deep slumber. And what a great doze I was having too, only to have it ruined by an alarm clock that did nothing but ruin a temporary escape from reality.

I sat up on my bed, eyes still hanging onto the last remnants of sleep. Rays of light shined through my curtains, illuminating my closet drawer that I wake up to everyday of my life. Then the poster. It's been 3 years since that poster lived in my room and on my closet drawer. I sighed.

Harold Edward Styles, you are mine and mine alone.

My feet found their way on the red velvet carpet beside my bed. Standing up, I stretched my arms and let out a huge yawn, shaking all of the sleep from me. I can't help but feel this recurring irritation bubbling up in my system.

I hate Mondays.

But there's nothing I hate more that rituals on Monday mornings.

Why I chose to stay up until 3 am to binge-watch One Direction on Youtube is beyond me.

I groaned before beginning my morning rites, as if I have something to do about it.

After washing myself, I studied the uniform that I laid on my bed before jumping into the shower. It was a simple polo shirt with the school crest stitched on the small pocket attached to the white textile, paired with a deep scarlet striped on black necktie and a black skirt. Simple but I liked the style because of it.

I've been studying in Holmes Chapel High School for as long as I can remember. And I heard, no, I know Harry Styles attended this school before he was a big hit. How cool is that? I have to say though, for a school in a small town in Holmes Chapel, the number of students attending the school is growing by the year.

And have I mentioned that THE Harry Styles attended the school before he debuted? Crazy. I'm on the twelfth grade now and everything's going smooth. I can only hope to keep this peace until I graduate. I'm someone that you could perceive as that quiet kid in class, never will you hear even a peep from, of course that is until you get to know me.

I studied at the petite figure on the mirror beside my bedroom door. I don't look that bad with brown wavy hair that ends 4 inches below my shoulder blades. They say I take after my mom whose eyes can drown a ship full of men. I said they were exaggerating, because my father was the only man who really drowned in oceans that are tightly packed in orbs for her eyes. As a a lady who has a height of 5'4, my towering mates makes it hard for me spit on their heads whenever they tease me as a gnome who belongs in gardens as an ornament. Sure, my birthday lands on every 16th of July, but I don't really grow taller by the year, since I'm at the peak of puberty, or even past it already. Anyway, I have my heart-shaped lips to compensate for it. I often get compliments for it especially when I paint it red because according to them, my lips were "as full as Kylie Jenner's upper lip".