Chapter 29

I'm so sorry for the late update. I had a small writer's block for this chapter but I hope it came out well. Please let me know!

The next one will be the final chapter for this book. Thank you for reading! You guys are truely amazing and I love you so much <3333

***

Brian’s POV

“She is what?!” I looked at Lindsay in shock. Zacky sat up and placed a hand on his girlfriend’s right knee, with his arm protectively in front of her.

“Nothing is settled yet. Katie called me to ask for advice.” Lindsay looked at me sympathetically.

“She can’t go! Linds … you gotta talk her out of this!” I said urgently, scooting closer to the table that was between us and filled with several bottles and glasses.

Matt, Zacky and I had been sitting in a corner of Johnny’s Saloon, having a few drinks, when Lindsay had joined us with the news. She had told us of Five Finger Death Punch offering Katie the job as their tour manager. It was her dream job and I was happy for her that her career was finally starting again but she would have to leave in two days. Two freaking days! It meant that I had to let her go without setting things right between us. I couldn’t let that happen.

“I can try but I don’t think it’ll work. Jeremy always finds a way to get her to listen to him.” Linds frowned.

“This guy is so annoying.” Zacky rolled his eyes as he took a sip of his beer.

“But he is nice to her. She likes him.” His girlfriend argued.

“Uhm excuse me? Her boyfriend sits right here.” I waved at her. I didn’t like how she talked about Katie liking another guy when we hadn’t called it quits yet. I would never let that happen anyways.

“Yes, I know that. I’m just saying.” She said.

“It’s funny. Val said he always appears when you are not around and Katie is hurt.” Matt nudged my shoulder.

“Yeah, really funny.” I muttered under my breath downing my whiskey.

“I’m just-“ He started but I cut him off.

“You’re just saying. Yes, I know.” I groaned. “But I can’t do shit right now. She doesn’t want to see me.”

“So? Just because she says so doesn’t mean you can’t go and take what’s yours?” Zacky said.

“I can’t go and kick her door in and just … take her …” I looked at him with big eyes.

“Hell yeah you can. Be a fucking man and show her who is boss!” He raised his fist and let his muscles play. That’s when Linds smacked the back of his head. “Ow.”

“That’s just stupid. If he does that Katie will freak and leave without thinking twice about it.” She said.

“But …”

“No buts, Zachary.” She glared at him.

“Yes, ma’am.” He looked down to his hands like a little boy. I couldn’t help but laugh about it.

“Now who is being a boss hu?” I laughed.

“Oh shut up, Gates.” He muttered and drank his beer.

“Hey, focus guys!” Linds snapped with her fingers. “Do you still have that letter?” I nodded. “Good. Keep it. I will go and talk to her. You guys need to talk before she leaves.” With that Lindsay downed her drink and turned to Zacky. “And don’t you put those stupid ideas in his head.”