1

The school bell rings for the first time of the year making me yawn. Just two more years until college, and I will finally get to study as a fashion designer.

As I exit the toilet a girl brushes against my shoulder, crying loudly. Behind her is Kai with his fuckboy squad. Day 1 and he's already breaking hearts. Typical Kai. Yet my heart still beats incredibly fast whenever he's near me.

"Kai Oppa!" Hyeri desperately shouts. He wraps his arm around her and starts making out with her. Gross.

She's one of his new temporary girlfriends. He's never had a girlfriend for more then 2 weeks. A lot of girls made bets that they could date him longer then that. It hurt to see him with other girls, but that's how he is and I can't bring myself to hate him. Even he knows how much I love him, but that's why he never dated me. He just played around with me, forcing me to do things for him.

I scoff, feeling the jealously burning up inside me and walk away, not noticing someone staring at me.

"Y/N!" I hear Ri Yeon, my best friend shouting.

She is the complete opposite of me, preppy and confident. I'm more introverted and quiet.

"Why do you look so sad?" She says, linking her arm with mine.

"It's nothing." But she could tell I was lying.

"Is it Kai AGAIN?" She asks angrily and I nod, making her clench her fists. "I swear I'm gonna beat that asshole to a pulp one day."

"NOOO please don't do that." I pout as we walk through the hallway.

"He can't keep playing with your heart like you're some toy. Ugh, why do you even like him, Y/N?"

"I-I don't know."

"Finee. Let's just get this day over with." She links her arm with mine.

We arrive at our first class, biology.

"Welcome back to another exciting year of school!" Ms. Jessica Jung, my favorite teacher, says as the class groans. Kai walks in with his entourage, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

"Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol,
you're late."

"By 2 minutes." Kyungsoo says.

"I'll let it go, just for today. By the waaay, we have a new student today!" Jessica says brightly. "Come on in, kiddo."

We all anticipated, excited to finally see a new student.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Oh Sehun Inimida. Please take care of me." I could hear the girls in our class swooning and drooling over the sight of him. Except Ri Yeon, who just looked shocked. Weird.

"Don't you have anything else to say, Mr. Oh?"

"Umm, I just moved back from America so.."

"Ah I see. Well go sit down."

He bows politely and makes his way to the last empty seat...beside me.

"Uh, i um.."

"Yeah um you can sit there." I make weird hand gestures. Great first expression..

But Kai stops him.

"This seat's taken." Kai says and I look at him confused. Sehun doesn't say a word and walks away.

The class goes on, and I notice Kai staring at me, making my cheeks flush but I try my best to ignore it and leave quickly when the class finishes.

As I'm about to leave, I feel someone grab my wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?"

~ 🌻 ~

edited.

Hope you enjoyed chapter 1! 😄