Chapter Ten: 3 years later

“Ma, I can’t believe that I’m getting married,” I said nervously to my mother.

“I’m so happy for you baby. I still think you should have had it at the church,” she helped me pin my hair up.

“Justin and I just wanted a nice, small, and intimate wedding. Getting married at City Hall isn’t that bad.”

“As long as you’re getting married, that’s all I’m concerned about. I know Justin is as good man and I know he’ll take good care of you,” she said before kissing my cheek.

“Thank you ma. It means a lot hearing you say that,” I took one look in the mirror and I was ready to go.

We arrived at City Hall just as Justin, Naomi, and Phil pulls up. We all walked in together.

“You look beautiful baby,” Justin whispered in my ear.

“Thank you Mr. Martin…you’re looking pretty dapper yourself,” I smiled up at him.

“I can’t wait for you to be Mrs. Martin,” he said.

“I know baby.”

When it was finally our turn to be married, my stomach was doing flip flops. I couldn’t believe that I was FINALLY going to be his wife. I was filled with so many emotions. Justin was really going to be my husband. I silently thanked God for blessing me as Justin repeated his vows. When it was my turn to say my vows, I got choked up.

“…to have and to hold…from this day forward…as long as we both shall live…” I managed to get out through my tears.

When we were announced husband and wife I lifted my hands to the sky and I just couldn’t stop thanking the Lord. God has been so good to me even in times when I didn’t deserve it. Today couldn’t have gone any better. Justin and I decided to go away to the Poconos for our honeymoon since our wedding was small and intimate. 

Stepping into our suite, I was blown away at the beauty of the room and how well it was decorated. There were rose petals leading from the door, to the huge bed, circling around the indoor Jacuzzi, and ending by the bathroom’s vintage style bathtub. There were candles lit everywhere with my favorite warm vanilla scent filling the air. I looked over at Justin and I just smiled because I knew this was his doing. He carried me over the threshold.

“Welcome to our room Mrs. Martin,” he said before kissing me very passionately.

That night, we didn’t just make love…we made something way more than that. Jill Scott said it best, 

“…better than love, we made delicious…

He me had…had me he…

He had me tongue tied, 

I could feel his rhythm in my thoughts. 

I was his sharp…his horn section…his boom and his bip…

…and he was my love…” 

I enjoyed every intricate inch of my husband that night and it was nothing short of amazing. It’s true what they say, love making is WAY better when you’re in the confines of God’s will.

Two Year Later:

After the wedding, things really began to turn around for Justin and me. I even went back to school and got my Bachelor’s degree in Business Management. I was also a certified CDA which means that I was eligible to teach in the state of NJ. I had no clue what I was going to do with that. It wasn’t until God spoke to me in a dream did I realize that I could own my own daycare. God had every aspect of my daycare planned out:  from the name, to the colors He wanted it the inside walls to be, to the logo. My daycare was named “Angels on Higher Ground” and business was AWESOME. The daycare was packed to capacity and we were looking to expand within the next 4 years.