Wal-Mart Zombies (7)- Lives Lost

Tess’ P.O.V.

I’ve never witnessed a person with a heartbeat die before. Not even my grandma when she had Cancer, I wasn’t allowed to be in the room.  I’ve seen a “zombie” die yes, but to me that’s not the same they have no pulse they are already dead.

“OH MY GOD!” I screamed running toward the door. “Gabe it’s Andrew!”

I could see the undead surrounding him from all sides. The look of horror on his face is one look I will never forget.

“We have to help him! He’s going to die if we don’t!” 

Gabe ran to my side and stopped dead in his tracks. He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me off to the side.

“Let me go!” I said pushing away from Gabe.

“Tess stop! You don’t need to play hero!” he said getting in my face.

“Oh and you do?!” I snapped back

Gabe didn’t say anything to me he just stared at me long and hard. I turned away from him and headed towards the emergency exit.

“I don’t know about you but I can’t just sit here and watch someone die.”

I pushed open the door and looked around for Andrew. I saw him to my left. He was bleeding and you could tell. He winced in agony as he punched and kicked with all his might.

“Andrew!!! Over here!” I yelled waving my arms in the air.

Andrew looked toward me and started running as fast as he could.

“MOVE!”

I turned around quickly ready to slap who ever said that. But when I turned I came face to face with Gabe who was holding a tire iron in his hand.  I didn’t ask I just moved to the side and let him pass.  As I looked back toward Gabe I saw a girl. At fist glance you would of thought she was human. But once I looked closer I could see the blood matting her once blonde hair and the black slug dripping down her face.  She growled and started to run toward Gabe. I looked toward him and saw he wasn’t paying attention to the girl.

“GABE! RUN!!”

Gabe looked back at me with a confused look on his face. I tried to point to the girl but it was to late she was to close. By the time I opened the door Gabe was smashed to the ground with a loud thud.

“NO!” I sobbed

I ran through the doorway and grabbed the tire iron that now lay on the ground feet away from Gabe. I looked around for Andrew. I saw him standing in the middle of the parking lot with his hands in the air. A scream erupted from his lips as he lowered his hands. He had given up and I could see that.  I turned back to Gabe. I will never forget the cracking sound that the girl’s skull made as I smashed it with the tire iron. I reached out for him and helped him to his feet.

“I thought I lost you!” I said as I kissed him.

He moved away from and headed toward Andrew who was now holding his neck with his hands.  Once they made it to the door I sighed. It was a relief to know they both were back in the safety of Wal-Mart.

“Gabe…” I said

I turned my attention to Andrew who was moaning in pain. You could see the blood drip from the cracks of his fingers. His face grew paler by the second.

“Get me a towel!” Gabe demanded

I was frozen where I stood. I couldn’t do anything. Gabe turned to me. He must have seen the look of horror on my face because he suddenly softened.

“Tess, calm down okay? He said grabbing my face in his hands.

“Gabe…He’s…He’s…”

Tears streaked my face. I suddenly felt Gabe hand whip them away.

“You can’t think like that okay?” He said as he kissed my head. “Go get me a towel, Okay?”

I turned around quickly and ran as fast as my feet would let me once I reached aile 3. I grabbed a towel and ran back. Handing the towel over I watched as Gabe pressed the towel down hard on Andrew’s neck. The towel turned from a light green to a bright red in seconds. Andrew looked around and winced as the pressure on his neck became greater.

“Gabe! You’re hurting him!”

“Tess what’s…OH MY GOD!”

I turned around and saw Natalie looking wide eyed at Andrew. I reached out for her and pulled her off to the side.

“Tess…ANDREW’S BITEN!” she said in a sob.

“Sh…Calm down.” I said hugging her close to me.

We sat there for what seemed like years hoping Andrew would be okay. Even though deep down I had a terrible feeling he wasn’t going to be alright. Gabe appeared with a terrible look on his face, a look I will never forget.

“He’s dead…” Gabe said as he ran his hand through his hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry for the super long wait D: I've had alot going on. But I hope all you fans like this chapter :D

Let me know what you think of  it :)