Epilogue

Seven years later…

“Honey,” I placed a gentle hand on his forearm.  “Don’t do that, it will scrub off the Teflon.”  I smiled.  “I’ll take that,” I said as I took the pan and the sponge from his hand.

     I took over his place on the sink.  He wrapped his arms around my waist and planted a kiss at the side of my neck.

     “Daddy, daddy, daddy!”  Carl came running with his basketball from his bedroom followed by Allen.  “Can we play basketball?”

     He grinned.  “Of course, man!” he answered.

     Carl and Allen ran out the door.  I heard the elevator’s ding.

     He kissed my lips.  “Gotta race those kids to the penthouse.  See you later, babe.”

     I giggled as I watched him run after our son.

     I don’t know how much more I could be thankful that I end up each day sleeping beside the man that I love, waking a six year-old and a four year-old up to school and preparing breakfast for everyone.  His fans continued to support him even though Heath Ledger became the new face of Hollywood.  But, Caleb continued to receive more projects and more supporters than haters.  Not everyone likes me as his wife; it’s just how showbiz works.  But, even though there were people who preferred that he ended up with other women, it has never bothered me.

     One night, we were tangled up together only in sheets and nothing else, his phone beeped.  Other men would’ve locked their phones but he was different.

     He glanced up at his phone on my side of the table then said, “Babe, would you please check that message for me?”

     Every time that happens, I wish that he would stay like that even when our hair fades to white. There were times when he was reported cheating.  He came home, finding me with an unpleasant look on my face.

     “Is everything alright?” he would ask.

     “Could you tell me what you and Vanessa Hudgens were doing off-cam on the set of My Remedy?”

     “Let me explain,” he said calmly.

     I nodded with my jaws clenched.  “Okay,” I whispered, trying my best not to scream with anger.

     “Okay,” he said as he took a step closer.  He took my hands that were firmly planted on my hips and looked straight to my eyes.  “We were rehearsing a scene and there were these paparazzi taking pictures and it was too late when we found out,” he said without taking his eyes off of me for a second.

     I considered this for a moment then, breathed.  “Okay.  I believe you.”

     “I’m sorry if this has caused you any doubt but, you should know that there’s no one that could take your place in my heart,” he said with much conviction I couldn’t resist giving in for a kiss.

     Every single day, our love gets stronger unlike many other withering marriages.  That’s why our third child is only eight months away from breaking out into the real world.

THE END