Chapter 15

Hook’s POV

As soon as I heard Regina say her water broke I rushed her to the hospital. I found a wheelchair outside of the hospital and sat her in it, pushing her through the doors as fast as I could. To be honest I was scared, but looking at how terrified Regina looked I felt bad because this was about her and not me. I went to the front desk and looked at the woman, “I need Dr. Whale now!” I yelled.

The woman didn't look up from her computer, “Take a seat and fill out this form please.” She said as she handed me a form.

Anger rose within me, “Listen lass, my finace is about to give birth. Now get me the damn doctor!” I yelled now with no patience left within me.

She looked up and saw Regina sitting in the wheelchair panting as she passed a contraction, the woman immediately picked up the phone and called Dr. Whale. Three long minutes later Dr. Whale came through the doors and walked straight for Regina. He leaned down to look at her and make sure she wasn't in dire need of help. 

He turned to me, “How long has she been in labor?”

I was confused, “Um I’m not sure. How can you tell when it starts?”

Whale took a deep breath, “When did her water break?”

I nodded in understanding, “Roughly half an hour ago. Her contractions started about 15 minutes ago.”

“Ok shes probably 1 or 2 centimeters in. I’ll take her to a room and get a better look at what's going on.”

I nodded again and leaned down to Regina, “Alright baby they're going to take you back now. I’ll be with you the whole way I promise.” 

She looked comforted by this but I could tell she was still worried. They pushed her into a birthing room and checked her dilation. She was about 3 centimeters in. Dr. Whale said it would be a fairly quick birth, mostly because of Cora’s magic. We could never seem to get rid of that woman. Regina had become more uncomfortable after each contraction. I had her hold my hand through each and squeeze when it hurt. I swear my hand was broken after the first one, she may be a small woman but shes got some muscles. Dr. Whale came in about 2 hours later to check on Regina. He said she was about 7 centimeters and that she could have an epidural now. Once the doctor gave it to her I saw her instantly relax, and that made me relax too. I went to get her ice chips and came back in to find Dr. Whale and 2 other nurses huddling around Regina. I ran to her side in a panic to see if something was wrong. Dr. Whale turned to me when I got to her side, “Its time for Regina to push.”

Regina’s POV

“Alright Regina you have to keep pushing!” Dr. Whale yelled at me.

My brow was furrowed as I tried to push but I couldn't anymore. It had been what, 20 minutes and I was already dying? God imagine a full birth without magic. Dr. Whale continued to yell at me and my tolerance and pain level were diminishing by the second.

He yelled at me once more and I snapped, “God damnit Whale I’m trying! No uterus no judging!” I yelled feeling content that I put Whale in his place.

Killian squeezed my hand as he laughed at my remark. I looked up at him smiling as he leaned down and kissed my forehead whispering, “Come on you can do it baby. Just a little more.” I felt comforted and safe that he was here. It honestly made this process a whole lot easier. I don't know what I would have done if I was alone. 

Whale spoke once more, “Ok Regina one more big push. You can do this!”

I gathered what little strength I had left and focused it all into pushing this baby out of me. I was determined. I pushed for what felt like forever that last time and I finally had no energy left and collapsed back against the pillow. My breaths were shallow and fast paced. The world was a blur around me. Killian helped me sit back up so I could see our baby girl. But something unexpected happened. I thought Whale had gotten Jasmine out but he whispered to one of the nurses.

I was starting to panic, “Is she ok? What’s wrong?” 

Whale turned from the nurse and faced me again, “He is fine Regina.”

I was stunned, “He?”

“Yes he is fine. Now there's one more thing I need you to do.”

I didn't understand, “What is it?”

“I need you to push again. There's still one more left. Your daughter.”

I looked up at Killian, shock staining my face. “Twins?”