Chapter 1

Hook’s POV

    When I looked into her eyes, I saw nothing but sadness and despair. She looked so broken. I had no idea why Cora wanted me to take her, it seemed pointless. She told me she wanted to break her daughter so she can build her up again. But looking at this woman, so slim and beautiful with her dark hair just at her shoulders and tears in her eyes, I saw no way Cora could break her any further. She was bent over a grave weeping. I couldn't see whose it was but I could hear her talking very faintly.

“Daniel, I am so sorry. I thought getting revenge on Snow would make me feel whole. But I don’t. I can never feel whole without you. I miss you so much. It was hard enough losing you once but then I had to do it again.” She reached up and touched the bruises around her neck from where he had strangled her. “I can never make you proud and for that I am sorry. I have failed you,” I saw tears spill down her face as she continued breathing heavily. “You told me to love again but I cant. I’m sorry.” And then what I saw next made my heart sink. She collapsed to her knees, the pain obviously too much to handle, and cried. After watching her I felt something trickle down my cheek, a tear. I have never felt this way for anyone since Milah, and it scared me.

“So are you going to stand there and continue watching me in my sorrows or are you going to come out and show me your face?” The woman asked, irritated. I wondered how long she knew I was standing there. I slowly walked out into the shine of the moonlight, my brass hook gleaming.

“Didn’t mean to scare you love,” I said as I took a few more steps towards her. She hesitated as I moved towards her taking a few steps away, her black boots sinking into the dirt.

“Who are you?” she asked.

“The name’s Hook lass,” I said taking a sarcastic bow.

“Hook?” she asked questioningly, then she saw my hook. “Ah I see now. And why are you here...Hook?”

“I’ve been sent to bring you to my employer.”

“And who might that be? Because no one here in Storybrooke is dumb enough to come after me,” she said with shaky confidence.

“Cora,” I stated.  And as I did I saw the woman's body stiffen. It wasn't confidence she stood with now, it was fear.

“What does my mother want with me? How is she here?”

“So many questions love, and so little answers. Afraid you’ll have to ask her yourself.”

“And what makes you think I’ll go willingly? I’ve done a lot to get away from my mother and I’m not about to go back without a fight,” she said, her shifting her feet on the ground.

“Ah but alas here we are, and you will comply love.”

The woman smiled. “You do know I have magic right? I will take your heart without even thinking about it, pirate,” she said with disgust. As I took the harsh words in, I missed all the signs at what she was about to do. She ran towards me and shoved me to the ground, kicking me in the ribs as she ran. Her attempt amused me. She thought that knocking me over and that her pity attempt to kick me would hurt? Well it did sort of but still I’ve had much worse hurt me. Like when I saw my only love’s heart ripped out of her chest before my eyes. As I shook the memory away I realized that I needed to go after the woman. I got onto my knees and then my feet and began to run after her. She ran into what looked like a tomb but when I walked in I realized it was much more. It was more like a vault. I peered  around the corners and began my descent down the eerie staircase. Once I was all the way down I realized there was only one way to go. When I entered the room, I sensed her immediately. I turned around to see the fair skinned lady standing behind me, holding an object above her head. Before she had time to react, I grabbed both her wrists and pinned them to the wall using my hook. She grunted as I slammed my body against hers, trapping her against the wall.

“Get your hands off me!” She yelled, her voice hoarse.

“Oh but m’lady. I have only one hand,” I said with a smirk on my face. The woman continued to struggle against me. She released the object in her hand causing it to fall to the floor. My guess is that she was hoping it would hit me.

“Now thats not very nice love,” I said as I pushed myself on her harder. She must have noticed because her eyes widened and she gasped. The tension between us was thick. You could literally feel it in the air. I felt her breath on my face as she panted from struggling. I looked into her dark brown eyes and again saw sadness, but I also saw something else. Lust. It scared me when I saw this, as I hadn't seen that look in a woman’s eyes since Milah. But this woman, she was different. I felt as if we understood each other. Loss of a loved one, it’s a hole in your heart that can never be filled. Except with new love. I continued to stare in awe at this beauty of a woman feeling the rise and fall of her chest against mine. She smelled of apples and cinnamon. It was a wonderful scent that filled my nostrils and intoxicated me. We both looked at each other, each in deep thought. But when our eyes locked, something happened. Something clicked in each of us and I did something that I didn't know if I would later regret or enjoy. I pressed my lips to hers in an embrace not breakable. I half expected her to shake her head away but she didn’t. In fact she did quite the opposite, she kissed me back. Then we kissed harder and the kiss deepened. It wasn't a sloppy kiss, it was passionate and meaningful. We had both put our pasts behind us for a moment and let our walls down to embrace each other. And it was wonderful. Finally I pulled away fighting for air. I looked at her bruised lips and smiled. She smiled too. So she had enjoyed it? Honestly it made me feel better knowing that. I released my hand from her wrist.

“Now if you’re ready, I need to return you to your mother.” I saw her expression sadden when I mentioned that. “And don’t try to use magic on me. Cora put a protection spell on me. I can’t be hurt.”

“Fine. Will you release my other hand now?” she asked her eyes pleading. I released her hand and pulled out a powder Cora had given me earlier. “Just have her inhale it and she won't be a problem,” Cora had stated earlier. I looked into the woman;s eyes and asked her one last question. “What's your name love?”

“Regina.”

“Well Regina. I am sorry for this.”

She looked confused, “Sorry for wha-...” She couldn't finish her sentence as I blew the powder into her face and she collapsed into my arms. I picked her up feeling guilty for what I was taking her to. I kissed her forehead and made my way back to Cora.