Ch. 9~7/4/12 (about 4:34 A.M.)

The three of us stood just outside of the bookstore. Ed wore a fresh shirt while Cyle wore the same shirt with the bloodstains around the stomach. I wore a sweatshirt, shorts that reached mid thigh, and flip-flops.

"Let's go," I said with a sigh.

Time to face death.

I grabbed door handle and pulled it open. The smell of paper and new books wafted out. I entered first followed by Ed than Cyle.

"I see you decided to come" I jumped at the voice. Envy stepped out from behind a bookcase with Hoshi in his hands. I heard Cyle gasped quietly but didn't dare ask anything.

"Now we trade," he said with a sickly grin. Ed stepped forward. I had tried to stop him before coming here but it was no help. Envy pushed Hoshi forwards. Just as Ed went to Envy, there was a click and a loud bang. Pain sliced through my body. My head quickly became heavy and my vision blurred. My hearing sounded like I was under water. I soon became to sway.

Then, everything went black.

CPOV

A loud bang rattled the air. My head snapped to Fayth and I saw her looking at me. Her eyes were filled with pain, than they rolled back and she began to fall.

"Fayth!" I cried and ran to catch her. Her back landed on the floor and I watched as blood began to pool under her.

"Damn. I was aiming for the short one but she'll do" a low male voice spoke. Soon the man who owned the voice stepped out from behind a desk, holding a pistol. He had short, dyed white hair and dark hazel eyes.

"Hoshi, hide somewhere" I whispered. She nodded and ran away.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING SO SMALL YOU CAN ONLY SEE HIM THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS?!" Edward screamed at the man.

"Settle down, young Alchemist" the man said in a clam voice.

"Mr. C, you can't kill him if we need him to create the Philosophers' Stone" Envy scolded the man. Edward gasped at Envy's words.

"I don't care, I'll find another way to create the stone! With or without an Alchemist!" the man snapped. His face quickly softened when he realized something.

"Envy, I think it's high time you return to your book"

"What?!" Envy gasped.

"I don't have a use for you anymore. Now, return to once you came" the man said calmly and I watched as Envy began to scream in pain and faded away.

"What the hell?" Edward muttered.

"He was pissing me off anyway," the man said with no emotion.

"You're an Ouvrez?" I asked. The man looked at me and laughed.

"I am not one of those damned creatures. I'm known as a Puppet" he spoke as if Ouvrez were demons. He turned away from and stared at Edward.

"Now, create the Philosophers' Stone" he commanded.

"No, I won't kill anyone for personal gain!" Edward shouted. A scowl spread across the man's face. Then, faster than light, the man was less than an inch away from Edward. Quickly, the man snatched Edward's braid. He lifted Edward, by his hair, less than an inch off the ground. Edward hissed in pain.

"You will make the Stone" the man sneered.

"Corny?" a soft voice asked. All of us gasped and stared at Fayth. She was breathing and staring at the man with wide frightened green eyes.

"Corny, what are you doing?" she whimpered.

FPOV

I flouted in darkness for what seemed like an eternity.