Ch. 4~6/10-7/3/12

Âme...Âme...why do I know that word?

With no luck on trying to remember it I fell bed to sleep, dreaming of characters that I loved.

~~

It's been a month since I had that dreams and since Ed got here. And now we were (according to him) having a dreadful conversation about getting his hair cut.

"I'm not saying getting all chopped off I mean just a trim," I explained. He sat on the edge of his (the guest room was now being call his) bed and I was sitting behind him, playing with his hair. I'm a girl and he's a guy with long hair! I was tempted!

"I still don't want my hair cut!" he muttered. I soon began to braid his hair.

"Come on, quit acting like a kid" I teased.

"I'M NOT A-huh?" he began to shout but the door opened and dad came in. A flood of emotions washed his face.

"What's wrong, dad?" I asked while getting off the bed. He held the newspaper in his left hand. I snatched the paper and read the front page.

"Hardware store attacked last night. Three found dead. One of the dead includes Anthony Davis, the stores owner. The others who were dead are Nicolas Summers and Franklin Yang."

"My friends...my best friends" my dad began to blubber. I didn't know the men in the article well. All I really knew was my dad has known them since high school.

"Okay dad, I think it's time for you to lie down for today" I began to wheel him to his bedroom.

"I'll call you in and tell them you can't work today" I comforted him as we reached him bedroom.

"My friends..." he whispered as I laid him in his bed.

"Ed and I will be going out for a while. Can you promise me you won't hurt yourself while we're out" I asked him as stared into eyes. He nodded. I kissed forehead and covered him with his covers. I closed the curtains and flicked the lights off. After closing the door, I ran to Ed's room and said, "Get your shoes on, we're going to the city!"

The bus ride from the little town of Mississippi Falls take about an hour, so I had time to tell Ed what was wrong and what we were doing in the city.

"I told you, I'm not getting my haircut!" he protested.

"And I told you, we're not loping it all off! It just needs a trim" I defended myself.

"Young man" an elderly woman sat across from us called to Ed, "You should listen to her. Your hair is too long" she was my side in this argument. Ed crossed his arms and slumped in his seat, knowing he was out numbered.

After we reached the barbershop, I made an appointment for Ed in about five minutes. He had already for a seat in the waiting area when I went to sit down.

"I really don't want to be here," he muttered. I watched the kids play with the toys while they wait for their parents to be finished. Two little girls shout five or six were playing with Barbies while a couple of boys were playing with Hot Wheels.

"Edward" a stylist called. Ed and I both stood up and followed the woman to a chair. I sat in an empty chair to the right of him.

"How much are we taking off?" the girl asked as she buttoned the cape around his neck.

"None" Ed muttered but I intervened and said, "About half an inch". The girl brushed out his braid, wet his hair with a spray bottle, and began to cut.

(A/N: Insert Fan Girl Horror Screams here)

The haircut lasted at least half an hour and during that half hour, I could catch Ed sending me glares through the mirror.