twenty five.

Justin's fists clenched and unclenched repeatedly. The clock clicked loudly in the silence, hands landing on the nine. Fifteen minutes past Justin's 4:30 meeting. And Richard still hadn't grace them with his presence.

Ana sat in a seat to Justin's left, knees bouncing up and down. She was angry. Why was she here, early nonetheless, but Justin's own uncle wasn't?

That's why Justin was so messed up. There was no support or structure at all.

"We can just get started," Justin shrugged. "He obviously doesn't care enough to be here n time."

"For the first session, I'd like for your Uncle to be here. I think there's a lot for him to hear this afternoon." The therapist, who said to just call her Susan as if they'd known her so well, said with a warm smile.

Justin sighed, "Fine." He muttered, crossing his arms over his chest.

At the ten, the door to the large room slid open. Richard sauntered in like he wasn't in a hurry. The carelessness and lack of enthusiasm on his face was appalling.

"You're late." Justin snapped.

Richard shrugged, "Traffic." His eyes traveled over to Ana, before shifting back to give the therapist the fakest smile. Ana glared up at him wordlessly. She really didn't even want him here. And she was positive Justin didn't either.

"That's alright," Susan stood up with a smile that Richard didn't deserve. She held her hand out to him. "My name is Susan; I'll be working with Justin during his recovery. I'm glad you can make it today."

"Thank you so much for putting in the time to help my nephew."

Justin snorted, glancing over at Ana with an eyeroll. She just shook her head, turning back to the two adults in front of them.

Richard took the other seat on Justin's side and Susan sat back down in front of Justin, creating a circle. "I'm just going to start with the basics, alright Justin? I'd like to get to know you." When he nodded, she continued. "You're eighteen already, correct?"

"Yep, I turned eighteen in March."

"Hm," Susan continued to smile. "Must be different to feel the freedom you receive when you reach that age."

"Hard to feel anything when you haven't had any freedom since you were nine." Justin chuckled. Richard pursed his lips but kept his gaze neutral Susan hummed quietly, taking notes in her stereotypical notepad.

It gave Justin pleasure to know that this was all unsettling with Richard. How uncomfortable he must have felt. He couldn't keep Justin wrapped up for the rest of his life. He couldn't control everything. It was finally Justin's turn to make him squirm.

It also felt amazing beyond belief that Justin was set. For the rest of his life, Justin would have to take medication and see doctors and speak to therapists. He wouldn't be alone anymore and pretty soon, he'd be himself again. He wouldn't be an outcast in his own body. This was all a blessing in disguise.

"Would you say you grew up in a strict home, Justin?"

"I did what I had to do. I love Justin as my own son. Parenting is no easy task, especially when thrust upon you without warning." Richard interjected.

"I understand that, as I have three children myself. But I believe I asked Justin the question, not you." Justin leaned back in his seat, feeling smug and relieved. Susan turned back to Justin. "Justin?"

Justin's mouth turned up. "My mom was strict, but in the best way. She kept me in line. But with Richard...it isn't strictness. I don't really know what it is. Strictness is setting an early curfew or not letting your kid sleep at other people's houses. If it were up to him, I wouldn't have ever left the house."