six.

Ana

I gave up on Justin. He made it clear that he couldn't stand me and I wasn't about to push it. I was beyond embarrassed so I avoided him at all costs.

The best thing to happen since summer started was when Lisa and Dad told me that they were having a boy. That news at least made life suck a little less.

To pass time and get back into shape, I'd taken up jogging. Each day, I'd jog a little farther than the day before. I'd read every book in my possession and summer was starting to get old quick. Jogging took my mind off of things.

It was midday and I'd made my goal of running into town. I leaned against a brick wall to catch my breath, slinging my ear buds around my neck.

The skies were beginning to open up and I felt a few light droplets, which was perfect when all I had on was a sports bra and shorts. I hoped I could make it back home quick enough before the rain got harder.

I jogged lightly down the main road, speeding up a bit when a sleek silver car rolled to a stop behind me.

The car began driving again, speeding up when I did. The rain was falling harder now and I reached for my phone.

The car finally sped up enough to pull up right next to me, the windows rolling down. Bobby leaned over, my nervousness just turning to aggravation.

"You need a ride somewhere?" He yelled over the rain.

"Um," I looked around and mentally sighed. I couldn't run home in this. "Yeah, thanks."

I slid into the spotless car. The air conditioner was on high, raising goose bumps on my arm. I looked over at Bobby, who hadn't pulled away yet. He didn't even bother to hide the fact that he was looking me up and down like a meal.

I cleared my throat and he smirked, no shame at all. "Where to?" He asked, finally looking away.

"Home." I said, crossing my arms over my exposed torso. I was freezing and soaked in rain and sweat. I dug myself deeper in the seats, hoping I was soaking his nice ass car.

"You haven't hung out with us in a while." He commented.

I shrugged. "I've been busy."

"Oh yeah?" He laughed. "With what?"

I shrugged again, earning another laugh. "I feel like I haven't gotten to actually talk to you without Emily clinging all over me all the fucking time." He rolled his eyes and this time I laughed. "I'm serious; she's getting on my nerves."

"Then why are you with her?"

"We have fun sometimes." He grinned.

"You're gross." I said, turning to the window.

"Sorry." He sighed, "I'm not an asshole all the time, I promise. Every time you've met me, I've either been super drunk or super high. That's not the impression I wanna make."

"Mhm." I muttered. "Let me guess, you're really just the misunderstood jock with the heart of gold and really writes poems in his free time?"

"Something like that. Minus the poems." This was the first genuine smile I'd ever gotten from him. "Emily's just been driving me crazy lately."

"Then why don't you break up with her?"

"It's...."

"Complicated?" I offered.

Bobby grinned. "Yeah, our families...." He sighed. "It'd cause a lot of unnecessary drama."

"Ah." I nodded.