Piece Fifteen

Zayn had been kicked out, not without a struggle though. He’d punched both Louis and Liam before leaving on his pushbike. The party had quickly finished after that, nobody felt in the mood and Harry had been mad, I could tell by the frantic look in his eyes as he looked at me now. We’re sitting out on his porch, resting our heads on the rocking chair, softly swinging backwards and forwards. Backwards and forwards. I had a winter coat on, Harry had laughed when he handed it to me and I put it on. The arms were far too long, and it covered up the dress I was wearing so that it looked like I only had the coat and my shoes on, nothing more. It was so warm, and it smelled of Harry. Slightly sweaty but not in a bad way, his scent fruity -almost girly. I found myself burrowing my nose in it now, inhaling through my nose, but not too obviously because Harry’s sitting right next to me. The only sound was that of the chair creaking as it moved. I noticed Harry looking at me. “What?” I asked softly, my voice was muffled by the thick coat. “Nothing. It’s just that you’re so, so beautiful.” I turned to look at him. This is not what I had been expecting. “I am?” I asked, it sounded pathetic of course. I am pathetic. “Yes.” He said simply, gazing into my eyes. I stared back, not really sure what to say or do. I could feel my cheeks getting warm. His head was moving closer to mine, just like earlier, before Louis had interrupted us, and my body was leaning towards him. It felt like home, his lips on mine. A tingling sensation I couldn’t describe. Warm soft lips, fleetingly exploring. The kiss didn’t last long, maybe seconds? It felt like eternity. I felt whole. I wasn’t sure if I’d just been dreaming or not, but I leaned in for another kiss and Harry answered it. No, it was reality. This kiss was different, lingering, slow. Our mouths moved together, like one. My whole body was warm with a sensation I couldn’t quite place. Slowly I pulled away to catch my breath. What I saw when I opened my eyes were two beautiful green ones looking back at me, the only light from the streetlight reflecting in them. It felt like I was falling, deeper and deeper into a sea of green. Harry stroked my cheek with his warm fingers. “Truly, you’re amazing.” He whispered, his breath made little clouds of white in the cold air. “Don’t be silly, you’re the amazing one.” I answered also whispering, afraid to break the magical moment. Harry pulled me in for a hug that made me feel warm and safe inside. I held him as close as possible to me, his warmth spread from the points of our bodies touching to the tips of my toes. We slowly let go of each other and a little smile reached my lips. Harry smiled too. “Now I think you’re even more amazing.” He said, half laughing. I could feel myself blushing and I suddenly felt really warm. “Thanks.” I mumbled avoiding Harry’s gaze. He took my right hand in his left one. Our fingers played a battle with each other, eventually our fingers were satisfactorily entangled and lying on Harry’s lap. I turned my whole body slightly and leaned against his side, Harry lifted his arm over my head and hugged me and  I rested my head on his shoulder smelling his lovely scent.

It was about a week after Harry and I had had our first kiss, I was in one of the decrepit hallways of my awesome, beautiful school. Luna had started speaking to me again, in short conversations. It wasn’t like it was when I first met her but she was getting there. The only thing she wouldn’t tell me is what I had done wrong and this frustrated me no end. I just hated it. Zayn hadn’t been at school all week, his parents had apparently locked him up in the house without his mobile phone or any internet. They didn’t even send him to school because he has friends here. I still wasn’t sure what the guys thought of this, I was sort of hoping they would forgive him but it hadn’t been the first time that he’d used drugs. Liam had told me that a few years ago he had started using every so often but then it turned into every week until he got addicted, it wasn’t a pretty time for him and Zayn had been losing everything in his life, his family, his friends, his money and his education. I could see why they had reacted so badly to him doing it at the party. Camilla and Louis were making in front of my locker when I went to get my books out. I didn’t even bat an eyelid because I had seen them do it A LOT in the past week, instead I stood there for a minute sending out ‘get out of my way’ vibes to them and when that didn’t work I cleared my throat. They didn’t even stop kissing! Louis’ eyes opened and he turned them around and stepped to the side so I could get in my locker. Their kissing sounds and soft whispering annoyed me while I was looking for the right books for the right lessons. I shut the little door with some force and strode off as quickly as possible. “Hey Jen, why are you running off like this?” Niall caught up with me, he sounded worried. I shrugged. “Cam, Louis, locker.” I said and I knew he would understand. “They need to get a room.” Niall agreed, looking over his shoulder at them. I nodded vigorously slowing my pace so Niall could keep up properly, I wasn’t sure why it annoyed me so much, them kissing, but it did. “Is there something up with you and Harry?” Niall asked, laying his hand on my shoulder in a friendly way. I had become much better at reading people’s minds and faces since I’d come to school. I spent a lot of my lessons studying people and there expressions when they were talking to certain people or just staring into the abyss. And I just couldn’t help but notice the hopeful look in his eyes. Wait what?! Hopeful?