Piece Thirteen

Niall was wearing some grey jeans and a white shirt that looked amazing on him, his hair was slightly ruffled in a bedhead sort of way. I noticed all this while looking at him driving. His hands were tense around the steering wheel as we drove through a quiet neighborhood. “We’re almost there.” He said, checking the mirrors of his car. “Cool.” Just a few minutes ago we’d been laughing about a Mexican wearing a sombrero to school yesterday but then it had suddenly become a lot quieter and we’d both kept to ourselves as we passed lots of houses. Niall parked the car in front of a house that had a deck at the front with a rocking chair and several potted plants. The house wasn’t small but it wasn’t big either, it was pretty in its old fashioned way. “Is this it?” I asked him, gesturing to the house with the potted plants. Niall nodded and looked like he wanted to say something, but whatever he had wanted to share with me could, apparently, wait because the next thing I knew was him opening my car door and helping me down into the freezing cold. “Aren’t you seriously cold right now?” he asked me while we were walking up to Harry’s house. “Yeah, how did you guess?” I said rolling my eyes at him and suppressing a smile. “Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because I’m freezing my butt off in what I’m wearing?” He said as seriously as possible. I laughed. As we got to the front door, it opened, inside it was Harry who was wearing some black skinny jeans and a white shirt like Niall’s. “Come in before you both freeze to death!” He said, opening the door quickly to let us in. “Wow, you look stunning Jenna.” Harry said before giving me a kiss on the cheek as a greeting. “Yeah? Not too much then?” I asked feeling myself blush. “No, just amazing as usual.” I heard a familiar voice say casually to the left of me and sure enough when I turned my head it was Louis standing there. “Lou!” I groaned, “Stop making fun of me!” He laughed and skipped away before I could go and hit him. Smart move, dude. Niall had started a hush-hush conversation with Harry that abruptly stopped when they noticed that I was looking at them. They looked like they had been caught red-handed but I didn’t have a clue what they could’ve been talking about. I mentally shrugged and turned around, curious to who was here and who the guys knew that I didn’t. There were several girls that I had never seen before hanging out around the kitchen bar, one looked a lot like Harry so I assumed it was his sister, Gemma. He’d mentioned her going to be here on account of it being her house as well as his. “Hi, you must be Jenna!” Gemma walked over to me, and stuck out her hand. “Yep! And you must be Gemma.” I said taking her hand, she smiled. “I’ve heard so much about you!” Maybe she could tell by my face that this news disturbed me somewhat. “Nothing bad of course.” She reassured me. “Oh and you can call me Gem.” She seemed genuinely nice, I liked her already. “They call me Jen, so...” I trailed off but she seemed to get the message indicated by her smile. “I have to meet a friend now, but it was nice meeting you Jen!” She winked and walked away from me leaving me to stand alone. “Hi.” It was Liam’s voice that made me startle. “Hey Liam, how are you?” I said, turning around only to see a girl clung to his side. Her hair was dark and had wild curls. She looked nice. “I’m fine! I want you to meet Danielle.” He smiled down at the girl and she blushed. They were obviously only just and item. “Hi, I’m Jenna.” I say smiling and reaching out my hand to Danielle. “Hey, nice to meet you.” She says taking it in hers. Her hand feels cool and thin in mine before we let go and the greetings are over with. I honestly like meeting new people but in the beginning everything is always so awkward… Danielle and Liam disappeared to get something to drink and I was alone, yet again. Deep in thought I turned around to look for someone-anyone that I recognized. Harry was the first person I saw so I let myself fall onto the settee that he was sitting in. I was very aware of his leg touching mine, but it wasn’t a very big settee so I couldn’t move it without him noticing. “Hey.” He was so close that I could feel his warm breath stroking across my cheek. His voice was deep and soothing. “Hi.” I managed to say in a relatively calm voice even though I could feel my heart pounding inside my chest. His side was touching mine and it was doing something crazy to my body. I hoped for the life of me that Harry didn’t notice. “You having a good time?” he asked, his breath still stroking my cheek lightly. Everything about him screamed casual in comparison to my body which was stiff and hard to move. I didn’t think I could answer this question with my vocal cords so I nodded instead managing to squeeze out a smile. I turned my head to look at Harry and my gaze met his. This had been a bad idea, because my heart started racing even more, all I could here was it pounding. Everything around us faded, it was just his eyes that I was sinking away in. I could feel myself leaning forwards, and see Harry’s face come towards me. My stomach turned over in anticipation. I was starting to close my eyes when someone  practically fell on me. Well actually, the person did fall on us. Harry and I sprung as far apart as we could on the small settee and stared astonished at Louis who was lying across our laps. “Hello,” he grinned “I’m not interrupting anything am I?” he sounded innocent. Ha. Ha. Ha.