Chapter 22

"I'm always pushing myself to the limit making sure I stay ahead, you made me who I am from the words you say." - 'Champion' by Chipmunk.

"Holy crap!" I yelled as I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. "Saniya, what the hell's going on?"

I heard her slam the door open against the wall and run into the bathroom. "What are you - oh!"

My gums were bleeding. And not really small little dots - bigger spots that leaked on my teeth.

"Zayn, this is nothing," she said, trying to calm me down. "When you smoked, you were literally smoking your gums and your throat. Your gums and tissues built up a crust. I'll run to the store and get some mouthwash, my uncle went through this."

I nodded and ignored the feeling in my gut. With pictures going around, people were now Tweeting me, asking how I knew her - like if she was my girlfriend, or something. I found it emotionally difficult to reply to those ones, as I simply said that we had a brother-sister relationship.

Yeah, I'll admit it - I figured it all out. I wanted Saniya bad; she helped me out and stuck with me and her personality shone. The boys loved her and she could defend herself.

I shook my head and rid the thoughts from my mind - now wasn't really a good time. I was on my sixth day without smoking and Saniya was right - the temptation was growing. I was distracted well these past few days, but I worried that the distractions wouldn't be enough to last me today and the next three days. I longed for the smell of the tobacco - Shut up!

I remembered what Saniya had said - that my brain was just throwing a temper tantrum like a kid and I had to ignore it to make it stop.

I breathed out heavily. Just  think of things to distract you.

Harry Potter, my hair, the band, singing. Harry Potter, my hair, the band, singing. Harry Potter, my hair, the band, Saniya.

Where did that come from? God, I'm so messed up.

I smiled weakly when Saniya returned with the mouthwash.

"Aw, look, Zayn's back to normal," Harry cooed as soon as I entered the kitchen.

"Wha-?" I cut myself off when I saw the time: half one in the afternoon. "Wow"

"Looks like I did a pretty good job of you, huh?" Saniya joked, quietly when as I sat next to her. "But you're rubbing off on me."

"How d'you mean?" I asked, quickly.

"I only woke up twenty minutes ago," she admitted. "Late night reading - you got me addicted again. I hadn't read Harry Potter in two and a half months till yesterday.

I smirked. "Yeah, well, you can't blame me."

"So," she said. "The full twenty days are up. I have to admit, I thought it would've been harder."

"Looks like you're doing a good job of distracting me," I responded. "Well, you and everyone else," I added, quickly. Either I'm being really paranoid, or that was really close.

"I try," she joked.

Stupid blush reflexes.

"So what's on the agenda today, then?" Louis asked, propping his feet up on the table and leaning back on his chair. I know what you're thinking - but we're casual around each other, so we can do anything. But, I draw the line at Harry running around naked - that boy knows what Saniya'll do to him if he is.