Chapter 16

"And it's hard to dance with the devil on your back so shake him off." - 'Shake It Out' by Florence and the Machine.

Saniya's POV

I wasn't sure how long we were up there for, but by the time we had the sense to go back inside, the sun had set and everyone was ready to go.

I'd opted for my black jeans, a white t-shirt and my dark maroon Doc Martins - a gift from my cousins from Essex. Yeah, those guys were great. I stuck with my 'no make up' lifestyle,  left my hair loose, tightened the leather bracelets that I always wore on my right arm and in a matter of minutes, we left the tour bus and walked for a couple minutes before coming to the entrance. The building seemed to vibrate from the music.

"Stay away from the alcohol," I advised him before we entered. "It won't help with your throat issues."

Everyone went in, except for Liam and I. We nodded firmly to each other and said in the same tone: "Good luck." before entering.

It was like stepping into complete darkness. There were a few dim lights here and there, but they were blocked by random people dancing and doing some pretty disturbing PDA. I made sure to stay close to Liam, as I hadn't really ever been in a club without one other person who was sober; I felt alien for the first time and I didn't like it.

Nevertheless, I still managed to have a pretty good time; the eight of us took a booth in the far corner, not too far from the bar. I sat between Niall and Liam, watching the rest [excluding Zayn for obvious reasons] drown down shot after shot - for some reason I found the sight a little haunting. I guess it was because I hadn't been in a club for a while; I wondered whether I'd need to get used to these sort of scenes, if the boys reguarly went here. Louis was pretty funny when he was half-drunk. He made fun of comeplete random things and pointed to inanimate objects that only he could see.

"Cousin It understands me soo well," he slurred, his forehead glued to the table. "He always listens to me...and doesn't talk back." He grabbed Harry's face - who was almost as drunk as he was - and said: "Why do people always talk back?"

Soon, Louis, Eleanor and Zayn had left and were lost on the dancefloor; Liam and Harry sat at the bar talking things out and just having a laugh. I turned to Niall, who was on Skype on his phone, most probably trying to connect with Lana.

"YES!" He roared with triumph, a few minutes later. I could barely hear him, however, due to the clamorous music.

"YOU GOT HER?" I yelled over the noise, budging closer, to him to see his phone screen.

"LANA!" We yelled as her face came into view.

"Hey guys!" She smiled. "Where are you?"

"First night in Sydney," Niall answered. "Harry suggested we go out."

"Ah, Harry," she nodded wisely. "Say no more."

"Have you seen the art studio yet?" I asked; Niall leaned in more, interested.

"Oh my God," she gasped. "It's so big. Like three times the size of our old school!"

Our old school consisted of four main buildings - all of which were pretty damn big.

"There are all these paintings everywhere and there's like forty other people here," she added nervously.

"Lana, you'll be fine," Niall assured her. "You're in your first year at uni and you still got put in - says a lot to me."

She sighed and slammed her head onto her desk. "I hope so."

"Here, take it," Niall said, handing me the phone. "I'm gonna go get a drink."