•thirty-three•

I sit in my room, curled up on my bed reading the book Abby gave me.
The sound of me turning the page crinkles in my ears. Page 56. She was right. It is such a good book.
My phone vibrates on my leg, while I pick it up to answer it.

"Aaaaleeex," it's Justin, but he sounds drunk as fuck.

"Yeah?"

"There's a party over here at Bryce's." He says, another voice on the phone calls for Justin.

"Okay...and?" I glance out the window, the sun going down quickly.

"Come hereeee." Justin stretches out his words and sounds a small laugh.

Gazing towards the book, I shake my head, but Justin can't see.
I'm really trying to lean away from parties now. Guess it's not working really well.

"I don't know? Maybe, Justin. I gotta go." My finger hovers over the 'end call' button before I press it lightly.

I trace over the title of the book on the cover. The bumps of the letters layer under my pointer finger.
Maybe I should go, I really need to get out of the house.

I remain in the same clothes I had on, jeans and a t-shirt. My tennis shoes slide on easily as I rush down the stairs.

"Mom, I'm going out." I call, walking out the door. My left hand grips around my phone tightly, and I use my other hand to lead my bike out of the garage.

Alex/- I'm leaving now.

I type slowly as I pedal down the short driveway and out onto the sidewalk.

Justin/- gOooooD

Yup, he's drunk.

I shake off a weird feeling, as if I'm walking right into a bad idea.

--
A/N: o snap ...

Who thinks I should bring Kian back into the book?