•sixteen•

(A/N: triggering chapter? Idk but it's Alex's birthday in this chapter so idk)
I wake up, startled by Kian shaking me awake.

"You told me today was your birthday." He whistles, a smile plastered across his face.

"I-I did?" I stuttered, I've been doing a lot of that recently.

   He does a small head nod and sits on my bed. I sit up, which was surprising because I had been lying down for the past few days, causing me to fall back on my elbow.

"Here." He hands me a small box with a red bow.

   I laugh and take it kindly. He had to have gotten it from the gift shop in the lobby, seeing that we are not allowed to go anywhere.

   I slip open the box and find a neon green keychain. Picking it up, I smile. I trace my finger along it, where it reads in small white letters 'Alex'.

   I flip it over to see a small sticker plastered on it, and written in blue pen is "Kian".

-2:00pm-

   I hear a faint knock on the door and Kian replied with a loud "Come in!"

The knob turns and opens, revealing Tony.

"Who're you?!" Kian almost yells, waving his hands in the air.

"Relax, I'm Alex's friend."

Hmm..friend? That's new.

Tony steps towards my bed, giving me a sad look.

"Why, Alex, why?" He whispers, and I return with sad eyes.

I turn my head towards Kian, who's sleeping again.

"Life's rough, you know, with Matt, he was my only trustworthy friend, but now he's gone. I told him everything, and he helped me through the rough patches in my life. He was the reason I hadn't killed myself before." I wipe my hands over my eyes to stop it from tears running out.

"Oh," Pause. "Sorry."

I slam my head back into the pillow, clinging onto the keychain in my hand.

"Me too."

I hated thinking about it. But talking about it? It brought me back to the night. Flashbacks emerge through my head and I cover my face, trying not to be revealing to Tony.

***

Guys, vote! Comment !!!!! Read!!! And follow me please :) ily all :)