•thirty-two•

~~

   I sit on the floor of the library, trying to choose a book for a book report.
   Peeling a book from the shelves, I glare at it and put it back.

"This is so stupid." I whisper and choose another book.

   A small finger taps on my warm arm and I jump, tossing the hardcover book next to me.

"Relax its me." I turn around to see the same red-haired girl, sitting criss-cross behind me with a smile.
   I furrow my eyebrows and give her a weird look.

"Abby?" She states proudly, almost sticking out her chest.

"Um..oh. You never told me your name. That's nice to know, now." The book I had thrown now rests in my hands. I twirl it then exchange a strange look with Abby.

"Alex. Standall." I give her a warming smile, people had told me they love when I smile.

"Okay. Hi Alex. Standall." She repeats it exactly how I said it and chuckles a bit. Abby picks up the book I had placed in my hands.
   She drags her white-painted fingernails along the spine of the book, eyeing the cover carefully.

"This book? Seriously? It's horrible. Read this one instead." She tosses the book behind her and grabs another off the shelf.
   Handing it to me, she scoots closer towards me to explain what the book is about.
(A/N: the book she hands him is a real book and I read it and it's amazing tbh)

   It has pieces of chalk shattered across the cover for the cover image. The title looks as if it was also written in chalk.

"It's about a school shooting. Really sad, but it's an amazing book." She flips through the pages and looks up at me as I stand up.

"Okay, thanks. I'll check it out." I place the book in between the side of my stomach and my arm.
   My shoe squeaks against the hard floor as I turn out the cold wood door.

(A/N: if you know what book she gave him comment because you're my new favorite person 😂😂)