•forty-two•

"The worst part is, I don't know why she did it." Justin says.

It's now noon, and my mom is sleeping after coming home from a long night at work.

"Yeah." I've repeated that about twenty times while listening to him.

I feel bad for him, but I've never been that upset over a breakup, so I don't know how he feels.
When I was dating Jessica, I broke up with her. It wasn't the best choice I've made but--

"Looks like you got company." Justin breaks the silence, or the loud roar of my thoughts.

I look out the window and find Abby standing outside my window.

"What are you doing here?" My voice rings.

"Can I come inside?"

Her bangs blow into her face while I invite her inside.

   All three of us sit on the couch talking about random stuff. Mostly to get Justin's mind of of things.

"Did you ever tell Abby what happened last month?" Justin says quietly, but loud enough for her to hear.

   I furrow my eyebrows and give him a look of confusion.

Oh wait.

That.

"No." I whisper, elbowing him in the side. Mainly because of anger and I don't want her to know.

"What?" She kicks her feet out in front of her, almost kicking  the coffee table.

"N-Nothing."

"Tell me." Abby demands, giving me a glare.

   I sigh in surrender. Like I'd said before, I never wanted her to find out. I just wanted someone to treat me normally.

   I begin telling her, but I break down. Froze, it's almost like I can't talk.

"Justin, t-tell her. I'll be back." My feet hit the ground immediately as I rush off the the restroom.