Chapter 14

AHHHHH HEY GUYS. Its literally been 2 years since I last updated. I've been going through a lot of shit recently and I've never had time to update. So this one will be extra long to make up for it. Here ya go!
________________________
Claire
We pulled up to the school just as I got the hairbrush out.
"I swear you are the most infuriating person I have ever met" I stated, turning to look at Brendan.
He stuck out his lip in a lil pout.
"I just wanted to be nice and give you a ride"
I sighed and grabbed his hand. Realizing what I did, I pulled it back to my lap. Why did I do that? Next thing I knew, I felt his lips on my cheek. God they felt like heaven. A velvet, soft, warm..wtf why was I thinking these thoughts? I hate him. He's my bully.
"...Claire?"
"Huh?"
Brendan sighed and intertwined our hands,
"Look, I know I still scare you and you're not used to me being nice. So I'll wait for as long as it takes for you to warm up to me and return my feelings."
Wait what? I'm not just scared. I'm terrified. He's beaten me senseless on multiple occasions and now he thinks I'll just warm up to him and fall in love with him? No. I won't let myself become vunerable to his tricks again.
"Yeah sure, whatever you say. Can I go now?"
He looked at me, a haunted look behind his eyes that disappeared as quickly as it came.
"I never said you had to stay"
Before he could even finish his sentence, I bolted out of the car. Careful, I thought to myself. Don't let down your guard. Smack! I ran into a solid chest and fell backwards. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact with the asphalt but it never came. I peeked open my eyes, only to have them meet with Brendan's.
"Are you following me?"
"Following a pretty girl like you? Maybe."
"Well stop. Its creepy"
He stopped and tilted his head. I looked at his eyes expecting him to give me the puppy dog eyes. But I saw a mischievous glint instead and felt my heart rate spike.
"W-what are you t-thinking"
"Nothing"
He smirked. I ran. Before I knew what was going on, I was in the air. Brendan had wrapped his arms around my waist and was spinning me around. I slapped at his arms to get him to put me down and he let go of me. Mid-air. I started screaming, waiting for the impact of the gravel parking lot.
"I got you princess. I'll always catch you"
The mischievous look in his eyes were replaced with an emotion I couldn't quite place. He looked almost sincere and...loving. It scared me.
"Metaphorically or physically?"
I stared at him when he answered.
"Both princess. Always"
"Stop calling me that. I'm not your princess."
"Not yet. You will be though"
I heard him mumble. The bell to go to first period rang. My eyes widened as I realized I was gonna be late.
"CRAP"
I sprinted towards the doors and slid into homeroom. The final echo faded as I plopped into my seat.
"Miss Blue, you're late. Go to the office and get a late slip."
My teacher snapped as she turned to face the class.
"Yes ma'am"
I started walking down the hall when I bumped into something. I opened my eyes to come face to..chest? I looked up and saw Brendan smirking at me. I felt my cheeks heat up and tried to step back only to be stopped by his arms around my waist. I grabbed his hand to pry them away but he stopped me by interlacing our fingers.
"You gotta stop falling for me princess"
"I'm not falling for you. You're just always in my way. And stop calling me that."
"What would you liked to call you? Queen? Goddess? All things beautiful and good in the world?"
"N-no. C-claire works just f-fine."
God I'm stuttering like an idiot. I looked at shoes as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.
"Hey, if it bothers you that much I'll stop."
He hooked his finger under my chin and lifted my head up to meet his gaze.
"Really?"
He smirked again.
"nah, I think princess is perfect for you. Now where were you going? I hope you're not skipping."
"No. I was late and so I have to get a late slip from the office"
He slipped his arm around my waist, pulling me along.
"Lets go then. Wouldn't want you in more trouble."
He winked and I looked down at my shoes.
-------------------
Once the bell rang to signal the end of the day, I bolted out of my class. Oh please let me get out before he finds me. I almost reached the edge of the grounds when I heard his voice.
"Going somewhere?"
Shit. I kept walking, pretending I didn't hear him.
"Princess, where are you going?"
I gritted my teeth. How dare he act like he genuinely cared. He grabbed my arm and spun me around.
"Why are you ignoring me and running away? Did I do something?"
Yea, you abused me for years. I looked at my shoes.
"I just want to get home. And don't call me princess again."
He looked away and dropped his arms. When he spoke, it had a hard edge to it.
"Fine. Bye"
He started walking to his car, then suddenly he hesitated. He shook his head and kept going. Whatever. I started my walk home. Suddenly I felt raindrops in my hair. I picked up the pace, not wanting to be in the brunt of the storm. Looking at the sky, I sighed. I'll never make it home in time. A car pulled up to me as the wind started to pick up.
"Claire, get in. I won't take no for an answer."
I sighed and opened the passenger door. Looking out the window, I buckled up and leaned back, getting comfortable in the leather seat. Next thing I knew, I had fallen asleep.
"Claireee. Claire, sweetheart, you have to wake up. You're home."
I heard Brendan whispering. I shifted and groaned. Snuggling deeper in to the seat, I clenched my eyes. Listening to the rain fall on the roof of the car. My door opened and I felt his arms wrap around my legs and back.
"Come on princess, you can't stay in my car. As much as I wouldn't mind, your mother would."
"Mom isn't home. She's gone for the next month."
I mumbled. I buried head into his chest, and yawned.
"Is that normal?"
He seemed concerned.
"Yea. Its pretty normal. I'm used to being alone"
"Can I keep you company?"
I peeked open my eyes. Digging into my pocket, I grabbed my house key and handed it to him. He set me down and unlocked the front door. Picking me up again, he asked which way to my bedroom. Carrying me up the stairs, I felt him softly kiss my head. He placed me in my bed and pulled the covers over me. He turned to leave.
"Brendannnn"
I whined and patted the spot next to me.
"Stay?"
I pouted and gave him the puppy dog eyes. He sighed and tried, unsuccessfully, to not smile. He slipped off his shoes and crawled under, sliding next to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in the crook of my neck.
"I could do this more often"
I giggled. I scooted closer to him and closed my eyes. Falling asleep once more, I felt a small smile form.

Brendan's pov
She fell asleep again and I buried my nose in her hair. God I'm so in love with her. I don't ever want to lose her. I heard my phone go off and I fished it out of my pocket.
From Jaxon
Where r u?
To Jaxon
At claire's. She's home alone and I wanted to keep her company
From Jaxon
Get to the meeting place. NOW
Oh shit. I totally forgot about that. I looked at Claire's sleeping form. She'll be okay for a couple hours. I eased myself out of my position next to her. Finding a piece of paper and a pen I wrote her a note.
Had to go. Be back later XX
Love, Brendan
Slipping on my shoes, I walked down the stairs. Locking the door behind me. I got in my car and drove to the spot. I hope Claire doesn't hate me for leaving.