Chapter 1

Claire's pov

"Give me it back Jaxon," I demanded. "Why should I nerd,huh," Jaxon replied. "Because if you don't I'll get in trouble." "Dude just give it to her before the principal comes," said Brendan. "Fine but we are not done," Jaxon spat at Claire.

When they left I hurried to class, wondering. Brendan didn't mean what he said and I knew that. The principal wasn't at school and we all knew that. Did he care? No, nope, zero, zip, zilch. That was strange and that never happened. At least I didn't get beat up. Wait, Jaxon is is in my class. ugh!

In class I sat in the back, but apparently Jaxon chose to sit across from me. In the middle of the lesson he threw a note at me. I unrolled it and read it. meet us in the back of the field after school. -Jaxon. Wow guess I'm gonna have a secret meeting today.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

At lunch

Brendan's pov

At lunch I didn't see Claire at all. I told Jaxon I was going to the bathroom to go look for her. As I passed the girls bathroom I heard Claire crying. Then I heard other voices yelling at her. "Claire you are so pathetic why are you even alive?!" Bree the queen bee said. "Yeah, I bet your own mother hates you," one of Bree's minions yelled. By now I'm so mad I wanna go rush in and comfort her but I can't.

Bree and her minion walked out and towards the cafeteria. Claire came out with red puffy eyes and tears on her cheeks. When she saw me she looked scared. She turned away and ran. I called for her to come back but she just kept running. I felt bad that she lives in fear of us.

When I went back to the cafeteria, Bree walked up to me. She kept trying to get me to fall for her but I kept refusing. She will not leave me alone. As I got closer to the group my expression got more hard and less like I had any feelings.