Team Work Makes the Dream Work

Nova

"Oh shit. Are you okay?" I whispered close to Dee's face. She seemed really out of it. Her eyes were closed so I put my head against her chest, making sure she was still breathing. She hadn't fell that hard, but I still needed to check. Tally​ and Niyah stood back and watched as me and Roscoe layed by her.

There was alot of people watching and I started to get nervous. What are they looking at? Don't they have anything better to do? I was relieved when Jermaine, her brother, came rushing over. He crouched down next to her and grabbed her hand. "Diamond. Diamond can you hear me?" He looked at her very concerned. Then as if a trigger, she opened her eyes. Her hand squeezed mine and she looked up at me and Jermaine. A tear fell and she passed out.

I felt her grip loosen dramatically​. "Oh my gosh!" A woman yelled. "Does anyone have an ice pack or something?" Everyone scavengered around, looking for something to help. A life guard ran over. And pushed Jermaine out of the way. He came on the side of me and looked down at Deetranada. "Her pulse is fine. She's just suffering from the heat."

He touched her forehead. A man ran up and handed him a cold pack. The life guard put it on her face. "Come on Dee." I said kinda loudly. Within seconds, I felt her hand tense up. Then her eyes opened and she looked around at all of us. Almost as if she was shocked with electricity, she sat up. People around us clapped. A lady handed her a bottle of water. The strangers that were around us soon walked away.

"Just get some rest and stay out of the sun," the life guard sayed before walking away. Jermaine helps her up and she wobbles a little. After catching her balance, she gives her brother a hug. "Well I guess that's it. Time to go back to the house." Roscoes mom says, walking back to the beach to clean up. Everyone goes to get their things and pack everything up. Aniyah and Mini Barbie get into a black car and leave.

All the rap game kids gets on their bus. Before I get in, Jermaine comes behind me and​ taps my shoulder. I turn around, spooked cause I'm not sure who it is at first. " Oh hey Jermaine. What's up?"
He still has his hand on my shoulder "Yo I really appreciate what you did back there. Really" I smirked and shrugged my shoulders.
"It was nothing really." He patted my back and walked to his van.

I got on the bus a looked at everyone​. Flaujae looked mad. Dee looked weak. Roscoe looked let down and Tally looked, well, paler than usual. I sat all the way in the front. Then I remembered I had something in my pocket. I pulled it out and unfolded it. It was my Deetranada rap. An idea popped up in my head. "Aye Roscoe! Come here real quick." He picked his head up and looked at me over the seat. He made his way over to me.

He slumped down next to me. "What's up?" He sounded tired and irritated at the same time. "I wanted to do this thing. Check this out." I hand him the paper and he scans it.
"This is good, but you know what it needs? A chorus and a second verse." I looked at him and place my chin on my hand. Where was I going to get a hook and a second verse from?
"I got a verse and a chorus if you need it. Just give me the green light." I looked at him confused.
"You got a verse? For who?" He smirked.
"I got like 5 saved up for.." he pointed back at Flaujae. " You know what would be great? Since both our girls are kinda not feeling it, we should write a song and perform it for the house." My eyes lit up.
"Roscoe you're a genius!" I looked behind me realizing that I yelled kinda loudly.

We got home and set up the whole thing. We worked out a whole routine, in about 2 hours we were ready. "Hey! Everyone come down here!" I yelled. It was private show time.

Tally

Me and my sister Jasmine hear Nova yelling downstairs. We look at each other and get up at the same time to check it out. Once we get down the stairs, we notice him and Roscoe on the mini stage. "What's going on?" Jasmine asked. "Yeah why y'all call us in here?" Roscoe's mom came out looking a little irritated.

"We'll let you know right when everyone gets out here." We waited as Flaujae took her precious time getting in the "performance" area.
"Ok so me and Nova decided that to cheer email everyone up," he looked directly at Flaujae and Deetranada, "we wanted to perform y'all."
"Y'all as in the whole house." Nova added in. He ran to some speakers and plugged his phone to the aux cord. The beat started and him and Roscoe began dancing around us. Then they started saying the chorus.

Sometimes you don't notice I am watching
Every time I see you man I swear it's jaw dropping.
So baby get with a king and darling get with a gawd
Cause if your rolling with us we'll give you all that we got

Then they said it again and Roscoe started his part.

You just see me as a good dude
But I bet that you know that I be acting cool for you.

He walked over and stood between me and my sister. I noticed Flaujae had her arms crossed like she was mad about something.

There's no way you could be mad
If you mess with the King then I'll give you all I have
FR that's initial
Oh how bad I wanna kiss you

Even though he didn't look at her, I had a feeling he was talking about Flaujae. Right when they started to do the chorus again, Niyah walked in.

Aniyah

I walked in and everyone was in the other living room. There was music playing and I could hear somebody rapping. I hit the corner and saw the boys on stage.

Cause if your rolling with us we'll give you all that we got

I try my hardest to please you
I die every time that I see you
The way that you see right through me makes me start to believe that I'm actually see through

I see Nova and I know he saw me cause now he's looking right at me.

They way that you walk takes me back
Your whole style is so cute and that is a fact
They hating on you and I think that is wack

He must be talking about me. I blush a little when he comes off the stage. He walks right up to me and smiles.

Maybe we should collab because girl you can rap

Wait what?! My whole smile drops and he walks back to the stage. I don't rap. But you know who does? Deetranada.

They finish their little side show and I don't stick around to tell them how well of a job they did. I grab Tally's arm and drag her to my room.

Roscoe and Flaujae are in the living room talking. Nova and Deetranada are in the kitchen. Flaujae isn't mad at Roscoe anymore, she really loved the song, but she doesn't think it's for her. Meanwhile, Nova tells Dee he wrote for her and she tells him she wants nothing to do with her. But he doesn't take no for an answer.

Deetranada

"What do you mean you want nothing to do with me?" I'm so confused at this point because Nova has once again found a way to make me feel some type of way after hurting my feelings. He thinks that one 3 minute song was going to make up for what happened earlier? He must be drunk.

"I mean, you messed around with Tally, Aniyah, and who knows what. Why would I want to be apart of that drama?" He put his hand on top of mine​ and I moved it away.
"Its my fault isn't it? I'm the reason why you passed out?" He was looking down so I could read his expression. I didn't pass out because of him. I passed out because I had migraine and I ran in the sun.

"Man. Ain't nobody worried about you like that. Get over yourself. I don't like you Nov, and I never will. So go get some-" He grabbed a nearby glass cup and threw it at a cabinet, shattering it into a million pieces, then stormed out. I put my hand up to my face and looked at the broken glass, like me staring was going to fix it. What I even do?