Chapter 5

Recap:

Edwards POV

We walked back down to see every one on the couch. Al looked up “Hey are you two done making out now.”

“Alphonse.” Al just had to say something, it made me a little mad, but he is still my brother so I forgave him. If I can forgive him so easily, why cant I do that with dad. Oh that’s right, because al has always been there with me. I looked over at winry to see her cheeks were turning red. She was blushing and it was so adorable. “Winry are you alright.”

“Huh.. Oh yes.” she turned to look at Al and pulled out a wrench. Where on earth did that come from. How does she do that. “Al you are so dead.” she lifted the wrench and………………………………........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winry’s POV

Al stood from the couch putting his hands in the air to surrender. I charged at him and he took off running around the room. I ran after him, soon we were running in a circle. “Alphonse stop running.”

“NO way, your ganna hit me.”

“NO I am not.”

“Yes you are.”

“Okay maybe I am.”

“See I knew it.”

Then Edward grabbed me when I ran past him again. “Okay you two, Winry may I have the weapon?”

“NO, now let me go ed.”

“Nope, sorry I cant do that.”

“Ugghhhh, fine here.” I handed him the wrench and then he let me go, I turned and hit him in the back of the head, then I walked to al and hit him in the back of his head as well. They both looked at me “Winry.” They said my name in sync with each other. I started laughing. The stared at me with a confused look then started laughing themselves. “I really missed you boys.”

“We missed you too winry.” Al said as he gave me a hug, I hugged him back.

We let go of each other and I let out one last laugh. I looked at everyone “alright well I have to get back to work. Se you all in the morning.”

I waved as I left the room and went upstairs. I sat at my desk and got back to work on Ed’s leg. I could hear everyone talking downstairs, and then I heard Ed and Al laugh. A smile found its way upon my face. I have missed them and more importantly, their laughter. I don’t remember the last time I heard them laugh, and have fun with each other. Maybe I could really get them to stay this time, just for a while longer. I know that they like to stay on the move. I grabbed another screw from a box with my supplies in it. Then I heard my door open. I turned to see Hohenheim. “Winry?”

“Yes.”

“I need you to help me with something.”

“Um okay, alright, what is it.”

“I need your help with Edward.”

“W-What do you mean.”

“Why does he still hate me so much.”

I got a little angry with that, wait me, get angry not possible. But then again this is Edward that we are talking about, I get all sorts of feelings when Edward is the topic. “Well you did leave them.”

He hung his head “Yes, there is that.”

“My guess, is that, he is scared that you will do it again, I suppose.”

“So I should try harder to remind him that I am his father.”

“I guess that could work, just be there for him, he wont say it but, he needs you.”

“Thank you Winry, you have grown into a fine young lady.”

A slight blush rose to my cheeks, “Thank you.”

He left then, and I got back to work. That was strange, well this whole week has been strange, well everything is with the Elric boys so I guess it is to be expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone was shaking me. I lifted my head up. Wait lifting my head, oh no I fell asleep. I was still too tired for my body to react quickly, my mind was slow as well although I was able to snap to the conclusion that I had indeed falling asleep, and that someone was waking me up. I opened my eyes, but everything was blurry. “Come on Winry.” I blinked and I saw Ed hovering over me. “Come on, now Winry.”

“What.” I said tiredly.

“Come on.”

I tried to stand but started to fall, thankfully Ed caught me. “Alright, here you go.”

“W-Wha--” Edward picked me up and carried me bridal style, I wrapped my arms around him. He set me down gently on my bed. “No I have to finish working on--.”

“No you have to sleep.”

“But.”

“NO buts Winry, now go to sleep.”

“Alright, but.”

“NO buts, I said.”

I rolled over as Ed pulled my blanket up to cover me. I closed my eyes and started to fall asleep again. I barely heard Ed walk across the room to turn off my lamp. He walked passed the bed and went to the door but stopped. He walked back over to the bed, and it felt as if there were soft lips on my forehead. I tried to think about it but I was just so tired. Blackness took me and I was back to being sound asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry that its been so long, please don't forget to vote and comment thank you.