Chapter 10

Winry's POV

After breakfast, and cleaning up, I went upstairs to my room to begin packing for the trip.  I grabbed my duffle bag, and started to put my undergarments in first.  Then two pairs of pajamas.  A two skirts, two shorts, two pants, and two dresses.  Next was three different pairs of shoes, black flats, black regular shoes, and then a pair of black heels.  I then made a bag of toiletries, then I made sure that I had everything I needed in my clothes and everything else.  I then made sure that I had everything for Ed's automail to take with me, in case he did something to mess it up while we are there.  As soon as I put my things by the door, Ed came in.

"You packed quickly."  He said with a smirk on his face.  He walked over to me, and placed his hands on my hips, as mine went to his chest.  It is still weird looking up at him, although I do like it very much.  I love it, I love him.  He means basically everything to me.  I still have granny, but I don't know how many years she has left.  I have Al, but he is like a brother, and maybe one day he really could be.  There's Den, but with him as well, I don't know how many years that dag has left.  Then Ed, Ed should still be here right, but then again I sometimes wonder if he will come home at all, or if he does, will he be in a box?  I didn't realize that I had started to get worked up until Ed said something.  "Winry?   Why are you crying?"  He asked as his hands went to my face and wiped the tears away,  I looked into his eyes.

"It's nothing Ed."  He gave me a stern look, I knew there was no way out of this.

"Winry?"

"I don't want to lose you, soon I will be alone, granny, den will be gone soon, maybe, and then you, I don't even know."  I told him honestly, I don't want to lie.

"Winry, I can promise you that I will always come home."  He was serious.

"But what if you do, but not...not..."  I couldn't even finish that, how could I even think it.  I put my face in his chest, and gripped his shirt in my hands.  A sob left me, but I refused to let more tears fall.  Although one small tear made an escape. 

"Not, what Win?"  He tried to make me look at him, but I wasn't let him get that.

"What if you come back dead Ed!?"  I told him as I pushed him away.  "I will go with you guys tomorrow, but I want to be left alone until then, understand."  I told him as I ran out of the room, downstairs, and then out of the front door.  I soon found myself balancing walking on the stone wall along the town of where I live.  I remember doing this as a kid, although it was usually Al or Ed on the stone wall with me telling them that they could fall and get hurt.  I remember so many good memories, yet so many bad ones.  Although I am positive that Ed and Al have been through worse memories than I can imagine.  Especially Ed, he has most likely seen enough to last him a few life times.  I hopped off of the wall, and then sat down.  I couldn't but think that the boys had each other to get them through without falling apart, but who do I have.  Granny continues to say it is a part of life, and things happen, and that it will be okay.  That everything is how it should be, with her wise tales and what not. 

I try to be strong for Ed and Al because that is what they need, someone to be strong for them.  I know that Ed carries most of the weight on his own shoulders, including pain for me so that I don't have to.  But doesn't he know I am here for him, as he is there for me, but not as much as I would want him to.  I want him with me always.  I want him to know that I really care, and I am not a child, that I can help.  But he doesn't want to burden me with such things.  I sighed as I looked up to the sky.