chapter 6

What I say was shocking, so shocking I was too shocked to move . The flash of light that seemed to fill the air , as if it was peering in side the window and looking for some think in particular, it looked like lighting but much more brighter and in slow motion , I could tell it had found what it was looking for . I saw two streaks of light break off of the one that was peering in the window . I took a cautious step back as I watched one of the streaks

fly past me , it looked as if it was in hurry , its motions seemed as if it was telling me to move and that it had a hundred other things to do. I slowly turned back to the other streak of light coming forth , coming right at me . I tried to run . I really did but I was frozen .When it hit me , I didn’t feel any thing in particular , just a sort of lost feeling . But then things started to get more difficult ,  my throat began to throb , I felt as if the world was moving too fast, that every breath I took was too fast , that every “tick“ of the clock was too fast. I had not realized that as I was deep in thought , that my one slow ,steady breaths had become life threatening pants .Literally .

It was not until I slide down the wall, to steady my wobbling body , that I felt pain . Pain that was too harsh to become numb; not like a bruise or scratch .

“ oh my god I’m going to die!” I screamed in my head .

I tried to call for my parent , but not even a squeak would leave my mouth.

I felt a sudden force that seemed to push me off of the edge of the stairs . And away from the wall , causing me to hit my head on the railing . And for more pain to shoot throughout me .

“I’m ready to beg , please , please , …. Make it stop.” I wailed in my mind , to whatever invisible force that was making me go through this unnecessary pain.

I felt like I was going to cry . Which is a feeling that I have not felt in a long time ; the day before granny died , she had told me that she was going to go to god , she made me promise not to cry ,for mums sake ,for Clara’s sake , for granddads sake . She told me he’d be upset to , even though she was going to go to him , she’d tried to cheer me up by saying that he’d be upset because she could never cook , and that he‘d have an extra person to steal my favourite jam cookies , which only he could make . I’d asked her that day , if I could come too, she told me , that then I wouldn’t be able to full fill my promise . She always seem to know . She always seemed to have the answers . I just hoped she was alive , so she could help me out of this pain, or that she could have let me join her that day , so I wouldn’t have to feel the pain .

I heard soft whispers in the back of my mind , at first I couldn’t make out what they were saying, but once they became more commanding I realized they were repeating my name , as if they were reaching out to me . But the second I started to listen and to pay attention to the voices is when hell broke lose , I heard screaming . And people shouting . But most of all I could here the voices “Abigail!!” I heard the voice scream, reaching out for me. from behind my mind. 

I honestly wanted to move, to run away. Away ,from the pain the voice seemed to drag me into. I really did. But the trauma that was mixed with adrenaline that was coursing through my veins would not allow me.

I was stuck , stuck in a position that was soon going to be the place I died. Once the trauma had actually faded I knew it was too late. I could already feel the burning at the back of my mind. I could feel pain shooting out of my stomach, trying to get away . All in all I could feel the darkness reaching out for me . It would all be over  soon something deep in my soul told me