CHAPTER 2

“Hey mum , I’m home !” I shouted as I walked through the front door , and let my nose lead me to the kitchen .

When I reached the kitchen I spotted my dad inside working hard on whatever was cooking inside a massive pot which was on top of the cooker.

“soom’mat smells good!” I thought eyeing the pot hungrily.

“how come your not at work?” I asked casually , although I was freaking out , wondering what had happened now 

My dad was known for his anger issues . He’d been through 12 jobs in six months.

“Ah nah , nothing , I think this jobs going to last any way .” he said shrugging his shoulders 

 I squinted my eyes in his direction almost daring him to tell me the rest of the story .

“My boss told us we had a free day ;cause apparently there’s been some family crisis !”He told me matter of factly 

“Eh emm!” I nodded , still not fully believing him .

“Where’s mum any way ?” I asked my brows knitting together in confusion .

“Upstairs . I gave her some time to calm down ,” He explained stirring what ever was inside the pot .

“Why what happened?” I asked hopping onto the counter.

“ The usual… One… Tell Clara the long distance relationships never work. Two … Scream at Clara that long distance relationships never work. Three… Don’t stop until you hear Clara break the front door. Four… Run to your room and cry your eyes out” he said matter of factly.

“No wonder….” I said thoughtfully.

“Today it went too , too far 

“What was it .What was it !!”I asked a little too excited for my own good .

“She told Clara to break up with Robert and move on , Clara got so angry that she walked out, booked some tickets, and has now gone to say bye to her mates,” he told me not taking his eyes of the pot.

“Wow!” I thought “The drama in our house .. Tsk .. Tsk”

I said exaggerating even though this kind of stuff happens every day in our house hold .

Oh , I forgot to mention , Clara is my sister , and Robert is her boyfriend. A few months ago he moved to York for uni .

I was just about to walk upstairs as Clara burst thought the door . 

“Oh hey Abby !!”She sang , squashing me In a very manly bear hug 

“Hi.” I (god knows how ) managed to breath out.

 “By the way , what Robert been teaching you? ‘cause I’m sure I just lost a pancreas.” I asked only half jokingly once she had let go of me .

“No , he’s been teaching me how to make spaghetti !” she exclaimed.

 “Okaaayy,” I dragged on .

 “well can you help me pack , pretty pretty please .I’m already behind schedule.” she said , fluttering her eye lashes at me .

 I mocked a thinking face from the one I saw on TV “Hmm,” I said playfully 

 “Come ooon.” She pleaded  with an expression that screamed , IM ALL CUTE AND THE BIG BULLY STOLE MY LOLLIPOP.

I groaned and gave in allowing her to drag me upstairs .Even though I wanted to spend as much time possible with her , but I would never admit to that sort of thing.

 “ I hope when I come up the Abigail is still alive !”My dad  bellowed from the kitchen ,as she dragged me away.

 I giggled as I was pushed and pulled up the rest of the stairs