e i g h t

Everything around me was dark

My muscles screamed with pain as I moved my arms. After a few minutes of heaving and grunting, I manage to get myself into a sitting position.

I look around and surprisingly find that I could see everything pretty well even in the pitch darkness of my room. My head throbbed with pain. I rub my forehead and gently press at the sides.

"I wonder what time it is." I mumble and glance at my bedside table for my not-so-trusty alarm clock.

5:22 A.M.

Great. It's morning already.

I do a mental calculation quickly and find out that I have been out for nearly eight hours now. Fan-freaking-tastic.I didn't want to go outside in case I woke somebody up.

I place my feet on the carpet and smile when I feel my toes sinking in the soft, fluffy material. I trudge past the many random stuff scattered across the room cursing when I step on something.

I switch on the light and blink a few times. I walk to my floor length mirror placed beside my dresser and breath in deeply. I don't want to look at my face just yet. I'm going to save it for the last. Instead I stare at my bare legs, from where my shorts ended.

I don't remember changing into my PJs. Wonder who changed them for me..

My cheeks turn slightly warm when the face of a blue eyed boy pops into my head. I quickly shake my head pushing the thought away. What am I thinking! Must have been Nana who changed my clothes.

I notice the silver gold swirls on my ankles. It came up to an inch and ended there. The rest of my legs kind of looked the same. I lift my T-Shirt to take a quick look at my stomach and let out a breath when I find no swirls or anything unusual.

The top of my hand upto the wrist had the swirls. I remember the burning sensation on my shoulder blades and the back of my neck and pull down the sleeve of my shirt slowly.