f i f t y

The stones under Jase's boots crunched as he and Julian weaved through the thicket of trees

The stones under Jase's boots crunched as he and Julian weaved through the thicket of trees. Ever since Julian had returned to inform them about the disappearance of the Crown Prince and Princess, the palace was under double surveillance.

The remaining staff had been dismissed to get back to their families. Only the Royal soldiers remained, waiting for their orders. Guardian Agatha had left the palace a little while ago to ensure the safety of her fellows Guardians and to talk about something, she refused to tell them.

"Elina will understand." She'd said, before disappearing through a portal.

Jase wasn't somebody who was guilty of being short tempered. In fact, he was usually the one breaking up fights the girls got into back in the otherworld. But Melissa managed to spark a fire inside him that even he hadn't been able to. He still remembered the heavy feeling that dropped to his stomach when he heard of her doing.

Jase clenched his jaw, nails digging into his palm as they neared the palace walls. This is the fifth time that he had to come back down here with no positive results. Melissa was resilient in keeping her lips sealed. The only words she had uttered in the past six hours had made Jase want to slap her across the face despite his attempts of calming his anger down.

"I will only talk to your beloved Princess. I heard she didn't die yet."

Julian marched along in silence. His eyes wandered over Jason's lean but strong bodyframe, enticing a new set of feelings he desperately pushed down. The feelings weren't new to him, he had always known, he was different from the rest. But his feelings being directed to a particular person was something he'd never experienced before.

Ever since Jason had arrived at the palace, he had caught Julian's eye, and heart apparently. Julian didn't know if the other boy felt the same way so he had tried to play it off by flirting with one of his lady friends. A tiny part of him hoped that it would get a reaction out of Jason and it had. Julian knew the look of jealousy that sparked in Jason's eyes very well. He always wore it like a second skin everytime Jason flirt with one of the giddy, bright eyed palace maid girls.