Chapter 3 - The Audacity

ARMINA'S POV

"Hmmmmm...." the prince and princess stared at all four of us with curiosity. I can't believe we've been outsmarted by a 13 and 9 year old. I am ashamed of myself for letting the lady gone through this again. We shouldn't have been gone to this castle on the first place. Ugh! I need to do something before it's too late.

"Armina.... are you a witch by any chance?" How can he see through me! I didn't say anything. "I take that as a yes." He smiled. No! That's not my intention at all! Ugh! The princess then turned to Eris. "From this smell, you must be a werewolf. Your eyes are yellow as well." I face palming myself. I forgot that whenever Eris had sex, her eyes will stayed like that for a few days.

"I don't know about you two though. But ...." the prince turned to Helvisa. "I may have a hint about you. Your stoic expression, only speak when you were ask, limited use of your energy and you feel pain every time you tried to show your feelings, you're a demon." How can he know that! I blame those books he read. "Yes, I am a demon. Armina is a witch, Eris is a werewolf, and Reina, she's a siren. What will you do to us? Hang us? Burn us? Do it. I can assure you, we will not die nor scared of humans."

We're done for. Helvisa will not tolerated anything when it comes to our safety. I hope she doesn't scare those kids too much but to my surprise, they stared at Helvisa. "You don't scare us. We've met someone far more scary that you." The princess informed us. "Yea, our mother can be quite a monster herself when it comes to our father." The royal siblings chuckled.

"What is up with that king?" Reina was being her comfortable self again. I glared at her for such casual conversation. These two may be young but they're our employer! "Don't be mad at her Armina. We don't mind. I mean, we have no true friends. All we have is the people who work for our family. Those 'friends' that came earlier this afternoon was just someone from school."

"Wait you went to school? What about the nanny?" I asked. The Prince smiled. "Nanny Venus only teach us about etiquettes. Also, about our father, it happened after Elaria was born. I heard mother and father fought a lot behind their chamber's door. At first I blame my mother for neglecting him but, after what I saw in their chamber, it was my father who's to blame for everything."

He's quite a strong young man. To be able to be this compose about his parents, he's quite mature for his age. "We don't blame our mother because she's the only parent we have that care about us. Sometime I wish for her to find her own happiness rather than thinking about us. She's hurting herself." What a strong young girl.

"Why not tell her you want him out. You don't have to see her hurting herself again if you told her. She's the queen, she can do anything. Your father is useless for this kingdom. He didn't even do anything to rule it properly." I wish I could covered Helvisa's mouth with a lot of tape. She's being too emotional about this. "But ...." the prince didn't get to finish his thought when Helvisa shut him up.

"Trust me. If you be true to your mother, you will see her smile like she used to." Helvisa patted the prince's head like a parent does. What in the world possessed this demon girl?! I turned around to face Reina and Eris who's eyes were sparkling with admiration. "Hey!" They both pout at me. "Eris, your arm." I heard the prince and princess running footstep and they literally stood in front of Eris.

"You even have the claws. Can I touch them?" Eris nodded. Slowly the prince poke Eris's arm. When he found his courage, he grabbed her wrist and just admired her well being. "Hey Helvisa, do you have horns? Like in the illustration, demons have horns and goat feet." Helvisa shake her head. "My father ..... he came from a pure breed demon. But my mother, she's not related to any demon bloodline."

"Oh, what is she? A witch? A werewolf? Oh wait, a vampire? Does a vampire exist?" Helvisa turned to me for help. "Yes. Vampire does exist. The famous one known as the Akeldama royal family. They rule the realm where most creatures like us four came from. Helvisa's mother, she's not from that realm. She's from way different realm. A realm where dying souls come for their judgement."