Chapter Sixteen

Raven's P.O.V:

*Five Months Later*

Smiling, I feel Callum wrap an arm around my waist and nuzzle into my neck from behind. I'm currently standing in the kitchen cooking food in our new house and Callums just come in from taking the dog for a walk.

Our Dalmatian puppy, sparkles, brushes against my leg and I chuckle, getting some bacon off the near by plate and feeding it to her. She yips happily, her tail wagging before she bounds off to find something to chew no doubt.

"Mmm, I'm hungry," He mutters, squeezing me.

I roll my eyes, "Foods nearly done, geez you're even more impatient that I remember."

That earns me a laugh and he starts kissing my neck, making my pulse leap like it always does whenever he's touching me. My thoughts want to wonder but I quickly stop myself and force myself back into the moment in time.

"I'm not hungry for food." He says in a raspy voice.

I play along, aware of what he's referring too. "Oh? Guess I'll have to eat all this food by myself then."

He shakes it head, chuckling before pulling me away from the food and capturing my lips with his. They are hard against mine, both of our lips moving in sync, our chest brushing and he tugs rather hard on my hair, something I've realised he's into.

Pleasure and pain.

The food is long forgotten as he grabs my hand and starts pulling me towards the bedroom, my heart leaping and my lower lip caught between my teeth as I try desperately to stay in the moment... Yet as soon as I fall back onto the bed, I'm picturing another.

What is Drake doing? Is he okay?

I shake my head to rid the thoughts before my heart begins to ache and tears start to show. I'm over him, I tell myself sternly. I'm over him and I've moved on... Sort of.

From the outside, everyone would assume Callum and I are married as I still wear my ring yet we're not. I wear mine because a large piece of me will always stay with Drake and we haven't got divorced yet.

Every day when the mail comes, I half expect to see a divorce letter, telling me that I have to sign and agree but I haven't heard anything from my former lover since the day he walked out of my life for good, leaving me his house which I just couldn't keep. There were just too many memories, too many things that reminded me of Drake.

"Oh baby," Callum says softly, groping my ass.

Callum was very sketchy when he told me about his failing relationship and always goes quiet whenever I ask so I stopped trying to find out about his past and instead, concentrate on the present... Or so I'm trying. For the past five months Drake has been on my mind, Id give anything to start over, to kiss his sweet sweet lips, to-

"You okay sexy?"

Callums raspy voice snaps me from my thoughts and I blink rapidly to rid myself the tears threatening to fall before sending Callum a small smile. "I'm not feeling very well." I mutter, sitting up and rolling onto my side.

"Oh right. I'll go get some food then, I'll be back in a few." He pecks my cheek before getting up and wandering off into the hallway.

I lay there quietly, listening to Callum make noise in the kitchen. Sighing softly to myself, I drag a hand down my face and nuzzle into my pillow, wishing I could be in the arms of another. My mind subconsciously noted the things Callum didn't do that Drake would have. The face that Drake was always so... Loving and affectionate to me, even if we weren't in the bedroom, Callum is never romantic like Drake, sure he brings me flowers once in a while but that's nothing out of the ordinary.