Chapter Seven

It's been weeks and Callum still hasn't got the hint to leave Raven alone. His constant snide remarks towards me has left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I desperately want to punch him in face but my husband keeps telling me its not the right thing to do.

He really has changed me, I muse to myself as I stroll down the street on my way to Raven's office to pay him my daily visit. It's something I've been doing these past two weeks, the protective side of me has me yearning to be with him nearly all the time, just in case Callum shows up and wants to 'talk'.  

Just thinking about him makes me scowl and my blood boil. What a complete tool, I think and my phone starts to ring shattering me from my train of thoughts and making me stop where I am. People walk round me, mumbling insults under their breath but I ignore them, pressing enter before seeing who it is.

"Hey, you're speaking to the one and only Drake s-"

"Drake, I need your help."

I frown, gripping the phone as I look around. "Where are you Brian?"

"At your house. I didn't have a key so I...I broke in."

I groan, pinching the bridge of my nose and sighing. "Alright, this better be important, I had somewhere to be."

He says nothing, hanging up and my heart feels heavy as I feel like something's seriously going on. With another frown, I reluctantly turn back and head the way I just came, sending Raven a brief text saying I'm meeting up with Brian and I'll see him later before slipping my phone in my pocket and starting to jog back to my house.

When I get there, I unlock the door and step inside, kicking the door shut. My eyes instantly notice the shattered glass on the kitchen floor and I roll my eyes letting out a string of insults under my breath as I see the back door window broken.

"Brian you idiot, why didn't you call me? I could of let you in instead of you breaking into my house."

The only response I get is a cough and the sound of cupboards opening. Frowning more, my heart begins to thump in my chest and I dump my keys on the counter with a clank before making my way through the house to the noise.

The bathroom.

I tap on the door. "Brian?"

A groan comes from the other side and I start to turn the door handle to see it locked. "Brian open the door. What's going on?"

"N-Nothing, it's fine. I just... give me a minute. I'll come out soon."

Growling, I twist the door knob sharply, banging the door. "No. Let me in Brian or do I have to call mum?"

The door lock twists and I briskly open the door. My words get caught in my throat and my eyes widen in horror as they rest upon my brother's slumped form. He's wheezing and coughing as he's turned away from me even though I notice the blood staining his clothes and the way he holds himself that something's going on.

"I didn't know where else to go... I couldn't go back to my place..." He mutters softly, still turned away from me.

I step into the bathroom, concerned and worried for my brother who's always been so strong. "Brian."

He turns to me then, his eyes glistening as tears run down his blood stained cheeks. I'm instantly at his side, taking in his slip and swollen lip, the cuts on his cheeks and swelling eye. His shirt torn and his trousers muddy.

"What happened?"

Brian looks away, wincing as he licks his lips. "I'm in trouble Drake.. I thought I could get myself out of it but I've only made things worse."