Chapter 11

Beau

Could life get any better than this? I have a mate that I love more than anything in this world and she is pregnant with not one, but two cubs. I stare at the spots on the screen and feel a tear roll down my cheek, my life is perfect. I look at Destiny and smile, she meets my eyes with a silent promise to always be there for me and our cubs. I look at my brother, he is glowing with pride. He turns and gives me a goofy grin. 

"We need to make a pack announcement." He says, grinning so hard I think his face is going to crack. Destiny chuckles at him, "Yes we do." When Tucker removes the wand from her belly, I scoop her up into my arms, laughing like a damned hyena. She wraps her arms around my neck and giggles. She still feels too light and I see her slightly wince in pain. "Come on, you need more rest. We can announce this tomorrow." She nods, "I would like it if we told Cam, Aden, and Corey first." 

"Of course, my love." I place a kiss to her forehead and carry her to our room. "Tucker, round them up and have them report to our room." I call over my shoulder and he nods. No sooner than she is settled in the bed, the door bursts open and they file in, worry etched on their faces. "I told them that there would be a pack meeting tomorrow to announce something important regarding Tiny's health but that it was something they needed to hear first." Tucker states, fighting a grin. 

Destiny looks at him for a moment and nods, "Boys, please have a seat. You may not want to be standing where you hear this." No sooner than she finishes her statement, Cam wails and throws himself at her. "NOOO! NOT MY LUNA! NOT MY TINY LITTLE LUNA AND HER PUMPKIN SEED!" Tucker, Destiny, and I are fighting back laughter. Corey buries his face in Aden's chest and Aden wraps his arms around him, hoping to shield him from the pain. Destiny strokes Cam's hair as if he were a child, "Shh, now Cammy, it will be ok. Twins aren't really that bad." He wails again only to stop abruptly, "What did you say?" 

She smiles, "We are having twins and them and I are perfectly healthy, or will be in a few days." He stares at her for a moment before he jumps up and begins to laugh hysterically. Aden, Tucker, and I join him. Destiny has a wide grin on her face until her eyes meet Corey's. Her face immediately drops and tears fill her eyes. "Corey?" She whispers but he shakes his head and storms from the room. She buries her face in her hands and sobs. 

I rush to her side and Aden runs after Corey. I rub her back, "Shh, baby, it's ok. He was just scared it all. He will be ok." She continues to cry until she falls asleep. I quietly leave in search of Aden and Corey. I need to make sure that he is ok. Cam and Tucker are right behind me. I head to their room and knock on the door. Aden answers with a grim look on his face and I sigh, "Can I talk to him?" He nods and opens the door. I see Corey sobbing hysterically, face down on the couch. 

"Hey, Buddy. You know she loves you, more than she even loves me, right?" I coo, sitting next to him. "I was so scared. You don't understand, she was my first and only friend. When I first figured out I was gay, she stood by my side, she stood up for me, even against the Alpha. That is why he respects her so much. She was never afraid to do the right thing. She has always been my rock and when I thought that I was going to lose, I couldn't take it." 

"She was crying when you left, I think you two should talk this out. She loves you as if you part of her and I know that you do too. So, go talk to her." He nodded and bolted from the room. I let out a breath and Aden chuckled, "You are going to make a great father."  I snorted, "I'm a bit scared, but happy at the same time." I confessed and Aden came and sat next to me."Don't worry, Bro. We are all here to help you. That's what family does." I hugged him, "I'm so glad we both have our mates." I told him and when he pulled back, he had a wicked gleam in his eyes, "I can't wait for Tucker to get his." I laughed, "Me either." 

The next day, we gathered the pack for the announcement, everyone was overjoyed. The next few months flew by and soon, Destiny was ready to give birth, in fact, she was more than ready. "OH, my feet are sooooo swollen." She moaned as I sat next to her on the couch, rubbing her feet while watching the game. Tucker piped up from the recliner, "I told you to stay off of them." He was quickly silenced by a flying pillow. He rubbed his head, "So violent." He pouted. 

Destiny heaved a sigh and swung her legs off my lap, "I must pee, again." Tucker nodded in approval, he had been like a mother hen with her. He and Julie kept her healthy, Julie traveled from the neighboring pack for Destiny's check ups, but other than that, Tucker was on top of her needs. Well, everything but her overactive sex drive, I was more than happy to help her out there. Cam told us if we kept it up, we'd have a litter. Destiny smacked him upside his head. I watched her waddle down the hall to the bathroom and smiled, the guys and I had finished the nursery in navy and white and when we showed her, she cried. 

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard Destiny, "Oh shit!" I hoped off the couch and ran, Cam and Tucker right behind me. "What happened?" We asked in unison, she stared at us wide-eyed, "My water broke." Chaos ensued.