Chapter 8

Destiny

We settled into a routine, I had been here for a few weeks now and I was pretty happy. We built an alliance with my old pack and I saw my parents regularly. Beau and I were getting along really well, in fact, we couldn't keep our hands to ourselves. It was a normal Friday morning, Beau was in his office doing a massive amount of paperwork and I had just finished training with Aden. I was standing in the kitchen, downing a bottle of water when Tucker strolled in. "Morning, Tiny." He greeted and swept by me to reach in the refrigerator, but he froze and his eyes whipped to me. "What's wrong, Tuck?" His pupils dilated and he inhaled, "Oh sweet lamb chops. Tiny, you are in heat. Run to the bedroom and lock the door, don't let anyone in but Beau. GO NOW!" He roared and I ran like my life depended on it. I had seen the way heat had affected the women of my old pack, it could get violent.

I locked the door behind me and my body seemed to realize that I was in heat, because waves of arousal hit me so hard it knocked me to the floor. I was almost painful. I waited it out, knowing it would only get worse. I heard a knock, "Baby, it's me. Let me in." He voice was strained. I crawled to the door, sweat beginning to drip off of me. I flipped the lock and Beau barreled in, inhaling deeply. His eyes glowed with need as he locked the door and scooped me into his arms. I moaned at his touch and his nostrils flared. "You smell like heaven." Those were the last coherent words I heard for the next three days. We made love until we passed out, then we would wake up, shower and do it again, for three whole days. By the time my heat was gone, I was utterly exhausted, we both were and very hungry.

We made our way to the kitchen and were sitting at the table eating when Tucker, Aden, and Cam strolled in and stopped in their tracks. "Whoa, you two look like hell." Cam barked out in laughter, the other two joining him. I flipped them off and continued to stuff my face. For the next few days, they continued to tease us, that was until Cam's mate went into heat as well. I laughed my ass off. The days that followed filled with strange feelings that I kept to myself. Certain scents made my stomach turn, I was always hungry,  I was throwing up. I knew in the back of my mind that I was pregnant. I needed to wait two weeks to confirm it, but I knew it.

"Sweetheart, I hate to do this, but I need to visit the Shadow pack, it's about two days drive from here and I need to take Cam. I need you to stay here with Aden and keep things going. I don't want to leave you, but they are having rouge problems and-" I cut him off, "Don't worry about me, BB. I will be fine, that is why two people run the pack and not one. Go, do your thing, then come home. I will be right here, waiting." He smiled and pulled me into his arms, "I love you, Destiny. I love you so much it hurts." The air was stolen from my lungs, he loved me? "I love you too, Beau. I didn't know if I would, but I do." He kissed me deeply before pulling away. "I will be back in a few days. I will link you and call every day. I love you, Sweetheart." I waved him off, "I love you, BB."

The next morning, I was on my knees in front of the toilet, yet again. "You know what causes that, Tiny?" Tucker said from behind me. I nodded as I stood to brush my teeth. He sighed, "I will get a test, be right back." He jogged out while I cleaned the nastiness out of my mouth. In two minutes, he was back. He shoved a stick at me, "Pop off the cap, pee on the end, put the cap back and we will see in about three minutes if you are baking baby cubs." I chuckled and took the stick, closing the door. Those were the longest three minutes of my life. I paced back and forth in the bedroom as Tucker watched me in amusement. "When are you going to the mating chase?" I asked as I checked the time, again. He smiled, "Next year. I would have gone this year, but it was Beau's turn." I nodded as he looked at the dreadful stick.

"HA! I'm gonna be an uncle!" He yelled and I smiled, I was pregnant. He looked at me, "There is a pack doctor from the neighboring pack, Julie, she will be helping me with you and delivering the baby. I don't want to see my sister's hoohaa, ew." He shuddered and I laughed. "Well, tonight's phone call ought to be interesting." I muttered and he laughed, "You know it." I was nervous to tell Beau. I know that he wanted kids, but was he ready, was I ready? I didn't matter now, a baby was coming, ready or not. I decided to go for a run, to clear my head. The last thing that I remember was Angie waving at me from beyond the treeline, then, darkness.

I woke up to a splitting headache, inside of a cell. It was cold, dark, and damp. Thankfully I wasn't tied up, but the cell bars were silver, how wonderful. "Ah, you are awake. So lovely to meet you, Luna. Your Alpha will be glad to know that I have you." I tall, thin man stepped out of the shadows. He had salt and pepper hair, gray eyes, and a chilling smile. "Who are you and what do you want?" He laughed, "My name is Alex and I want the pack, it was promised to me, sort of, well, not really, but I want it and you are the key, my Dear." I snarled at him, "You are going to have to do better than that, I am not letting you have the pack." He laughed again, "This is going to be fun."

He opened the cell doors, wearing a heavy pair of gloves and dragged me out by my hair. I thrashed, but he backhanded me and almost took my head off. He took me to a room with three large men and Angie, waiting for me. She clapped in joy, "I am going to love this." She said as her claws came out. "NO! Angie, you will not touch her. You let anger cloud your judgment and you will end up killing her. You can watch but if I find out that you touched her, I will kill you myself." She snarled at him and stormed from the room. He threw me down and for the next hour, they beat the hell out of me.

This pattern continued for days, beatings, food, water, sleep, repeat. My wolf retreated to shield the baby, I would come unglued if they caused me to lose my baby, a baby that Beau didn't even know existed. I wonder if he knew that I was gone yet.  I kept trying to link him and anyone else it could, but with all the silver, it was useless. I was beginning to show. I needed to get the fuck out of here.