The Not So Secret Sister

Hello Everyone Winter here! This is my First HP Fan Fic. It's still a baby hopefully you won't pick on it to much! :-) I love feed back so let me know good bad! 

- WinterBlossom101

“Let me go! Voldemort! You bastard I’ll kill you myself!” I screamed trying to pull away from Voldemort’s goons. Everyone became silent. It was like the sounds in the forbidden forest had suddenly been put on mute, until we heard footsteps… I knew instantly who the footsteps belonged to, “Don’t you dare, don’t you touch my brother!” I screamed at him again. Then it was silent once more…, silence is such a funny thing isn’t it? 

My name was Sahara… my name is Sahara Lilith Potter. I’m Harry Potter’s sister. I was a secret… that now everybody knows or well knew. My brother is Harry James Potter. We were once together long ago, till the night Voldemort killed our mother and father. My life held a different fate from my brother's, which, sadly, I am not sure if I can say as whether they had the same happy ending. What I knew for sure was that it had an ending. Silence was something I may as well welcome, after all we are all silent in the end. 

Book One - Sahara Potter, the not so secret sister. 

Chapter one Sahara Potter 

“Mommy, where are we going?” I asked my mother who was in the middle of dragging me along for school. She turns and sat me down on top of her brown dress. “Mommy, what’s wrong?” I asked her, seeing tears slowly falling down one after the other. She bit her lip. “Did you get hurt mom?” she silently shook her head. My mother was not a woman of many words. I followed behind her as she stood, and I followed her to a park where she and my father used to take me as a five year old. 

We both sat down on a bench. I gave her a weak smile and watched as more tears fell. 

“Sahara, my beautiful Sahara.” she whispered. She started to walk over to the fish pond, leaving out bags on the park bench. She stood on the edge and stared down into the glistening waters. “Sahara, come over here please?” I walked over and looked into the pond alongside her. “What do you see?” 

I simply replied as any eleven year old would, “I see you and me mommy.” I was a child who didn’t know, yet I knew. 

She shook her head, something wasn’t right; I could see it in her eyes. “Sahara look into the water tell me what you see. Is there anything similar between you and I? Remember there is no wrong answer.” I stared at the reflections. My mother had hazel eyes and blond hair. I, on the other hand, had reddish dark brown hair. I tried really hard to look, to find some similarity, but then I realized something… nothing was the same about me and my mother. Everything was different down to my ears. 

My loving smile for my mother fell. I wasn’t stupid in the least. I understood what she was trying to tell me. “Nothing…” I… was adopted. Sahara Longhouse was not real. A tear fell from my cheek, and my mother saw this and she grabbed me holding me close, holding me tightly. She hummed to me tell me calm down. Then she pulled out a letter. It was addressed to me but I didn’t know the last name: Potter… Sahara Potter. 

********************Letter****************** 

Dear Sahara Potter 

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment. 

Term begins on September 1. – 

Signed, Minerva McGonagall 

***********************************************