The End of Summer, Guess What, a Letter?

Book two – the end of Summer, guess what a letter!

I was walking back to my house on the empty street. And so I spent the summer with Ivy and Whitney. All summer it was a lot of moving for me from one place to another. I was sent back and forth between Whitney and Vee’s houses. In between we would hang out together. It was nice to meet there parents. I just hoped that I wasn’t any trouble. I mean I wasn’t once yelled at which was nice.  We did in fact get into some trouble but nothing we couldn't handel.  We lived about a mile away from London. I was walking to my house which was in london. It was simply to check on things since last charismas it still makes my heart ache not having my mum here. What else was I to do?

During this summer I’ve been trying to write harry but he wasn’t writing back. I mean maybe I had the wrong address? I wasn’t sure even then midnight was still supposed to find harry. Maybe he was mad at me? For what I didn’t even know. As these questions ran through my head I unlocked the door to my house. The tree was dead but still up I just need to do a quick cleanup of the place. “Matianti trixs” Soon enough everything was starting to go to its right full place in my house. I learn that spell from Fred and Gorge last year when we had room inspection. When my liveingroom came into view the Chirstmas tree was bear, all the pine needles were on the floor. I walked over and grabbed a broom and dust pan and swept up the remaining needles from the tree. I pulled out the Christmas tree outside to the trash.

I walked back inside into my house. It was big and old, a bit creepy. Soon enough there was a tapping at the window. Then it stopped and then I heard it again. I quickly raced over to the kitchen window to see midnight holding the letter. I smiled; I knew what letter it was. I opened it up and read it. The letter once again came with a list of stuff I needed. I quickly made my way out the door as midnight followed me in the air I was racing back to Ivy’s house. I remember this was about the time I first met my dear friend Ivy. I quickly knocked on the door, “Vee! Open up!” I nearly shouted.

She came to the door holding her letter out as well, “you too?” she smiled. Ivy was about two inches taller now and her long brown hair was longer. Ivy was indeed one of my best friends and I couldn’t be more grateful.  She was now wearing a long red sleeved sweater with the Gryffindor symbol on it and jeans.

“Yes me too,” I rolled my eyes at her. I myself was about an inch taller than last year my long red hair had gotten a lot longer. I wished my mother was here to see me growing up but she wasn’t she died last Christmas.  Now the only piece of family I had left was Harry, this was my job now to protect him till the very end.

Vee stretched her hand out and opened the door more stepping threw the threshold, “I’m going to see Whitney do you want to come along?” Whitney was now a very good friend of mine who I had met last year before school started along with Vee, though two were in separable a lot of the time. Even at Hogwarts even for being put into different houses they still managed to be friends. So this summer I had stayed with Ivy so I saw Whitney a lot.

“Of course,” I replied smoothly.

We both a few blocks to Whitney’s house. As Whitney’s house came into view Whitney herself was sitting on her blue porch with a newspaper in her hands. Whitney picked her head up and looked at us she waved from her porch. Whitney was taller she had longer dirty blond hair and her blues eyes were just the same as ever.

Ivy raised her hand up in to the air and shouted from the distance, “hello Whitney! Did you get your letter yet?” I shook my head at her silliness.

“Yes, yes I did,” she replied happily. Soon enough we all took seats on her porch and sat around an old wooden table. I felt like an old maid in a knitting circle but it wasn’t which kind of made me feel sad as I was getting lost into my own thoughts Whitney started her one of many conversations about Diagon Ally. Which was the place I met them the first time around, “So, Sahara when do you want to go to Diagon ally?”

I shrugged not knowing, “I don’t care. I would hate to do it just last minute again and not have any of my books. I really want to do the shopping for myself this time around; I mean the last time Hadgrid did it for me.”

“The gatekeeper,” Whitney asked in surprise.

Ivy chimed in, “you know he is really quite nice Whitney in all honesty you should try to talk to him. He is pretty wise not daft like the other students say.”

I nodded in agreement, “yes him. He had a dragon yeah know, he was going to manage it. He really knows what he is talking about when it comes to animals in the magical world and even the ones that are housed in the muggle world as well.” I told her. I was sure she didn’t know him well. I knew Whitney liked to learn and I was pretty sure he was someone who she would enjoy talking to.

“Look, see Whitney even Sahara wants to go soon as well,” Ivy pointed out.

Whitney smiled, “oh fine, fine well go early this year.” As I knew it Whitney gave in. I was very excited to go when it was supposedly going to be packed. Whitney looked sheepishly at Ivy, “So Vee do you still fancy Mister Potter?” She asked so nonchalantly it almost didn’t faze me. Jazzi had also fancied harry as well. Just with everything that went on last school session I didn’t really think about it.

Ivy blushed slightly and grinned, “Jazzi and I came up to the conclusion that neither of us would date him. Well… not yet anyway.”

“Right,” Whitney winked at Vee and I pitched my nose in between my eyes… awesome. “Speaking of which, Sahara have gotten any letters from Harry? Any at all,” Whitney asked me.

I shook my head sadly I had not it was like harry just dropped off the face of the earth, “no. Not yet. I don’t know what I’m going to do.”