Chapter XVII-Outbreak of Curses

Draco woke up to sunlight drifting in through the window in the Hospital Wing. He looked to his side to see Harry, unconscious in the bed beside his. Both Sirius and Remus asleep heads resting on Harry's bed. 

"Remus?" Draco knew the werewolf was a lighter sleeper than the other. Both men shot up straight at hearing the blond whisper.

"Draco, are you ok?" Both men looked beat up and haggard, and Sirius looked like he's been crying all night.

"What happened? The last thing I remember is chasing Theo." 

"Well," Remus began gently, "He stunned you. We think he was aiming for Harry and missed. He then hit Harry with a dark cutting spell. When we found you two, we had lost so much blood, we thought... anyway, we were wrong, and Severus and Madam Pomfrey were able to treat him, but he probably won't wake up right away." Remus was looking at his clothes and Sirius his hands. He realized they were covered in what seemed to be Harry's blood. Draco sat in shock. Sirius only stared straight ahead, tears silently rolling down his face. Remus looked a decade older as he comforted his friend. The day after Harry finally woke up, the ministry fell, and Sirius, Remus, Harry, and Draco went back to Grimmauld Place. Soon after the ministry was under control of Voldemort, Hogwarts followed. Harry and Draco, along with some of the Order members, were put on a wanted list that was announced in the Prophet. Remus, Draco, and Harry weren't allowed to leave the house. Sirius was also on the listed, but he mostly left under the guise of his animagus form, as he had never bothered to register. 

"Remus, please! I'm going crazy being stuck in this house. I'll only be an hour." Draco awoke to shouting.

"No, I am not giving you your broom back. Besides, you need to pack. We leave tomorrow."

"How the hell are we supposed to find these things anyway?" Harry sounded upset for sure.

"We have an idea where a few of them are. And don't swear at me." Remus seemed frustrated.

Soon Harry stomped in to pack.

Months later, they had managed to destroy almost all of the Horcruxes. Ron and Hermione had joined them, Hermione in hiding as a muggle born, and Ron refusing to go back to school without the others.

"I can't wait until this Voldemort business  is over." Harry had gotten tired of this hiding and hunting routine.

"Harry, no! That name's been cursed!" Hermione sounded scared. Before Harry had a chance to respond, they were surrounded. Curses and defensive spells were being shot everywhere. Draco was busy battling Scabior while he saw Hermione fighting back against Fenrir Greyback. Ron and Harry had managed to stun their adversary when a scream pierced the air. Greyback had managed to bite Hermione in the throat, making use of his artificially sharpened teeth. Taking advantage of the distraction, another snatcher shot a curse at random. The flash of green hit Ron, and he collapsed onto the grass. Sirius and Remus, having stunned, a few more of the snatchers, grabbed the four teens and Disapparated with them. 

"Sirius, I don't think we can help either of them." Remus sounded like it hurt him to say those words. Harry had thrown himself onto Hermione, attempting to stop her bleeding. Draco could see the blood soaking his skin, his clothes, as panic flooded his face. Sirius pulled his godson back, trying to do something, anything to get through to him. 

"Remus, can I do anything to help?" The voice was flat, as Draco seemed to be on autopilot. 

We need to bury them, then move on. I'll inform the Granger and Weasley families later." Draco just nodded and set about helping the older man.

Finally, it was time to return to Hogwarts. They had snuck in, and soon a full-fledged battle was occurring.  Draco looked around when it was time to take care of the injured. He walked over to Sirius and Remus, who were patching each other up. 

"Draco, you ok?" Remus must have seen the darkness in his eyes. All Draco could do was shake his head. The two men pulled him into an embrace, surprising the blond. "We know, kid. I'm sorry it has to be like this. We never wanted this for you two." Draco pulled away, tears escaping onto his unreadable face. Without a word, he left them sitting there and began performing non-verbal healing spells on injured students and adults alike. He didn't see Harry among the injured. Suddenly they heard Voldemort, and Draco exited the Great Hall with Sirius and Remus. Everyone was standing outside as Voldemort and the Death Eaters appeared, forcing Hagrid to walk with something in his arms.

"Harry Potter is dead." Draco didn't hear another word that was said. Sirius was screaming, Remus holding him back, as Draco hit his knees. It can't be happening, he thought. Harry was always ok. Another flash of green appeared. Draco was shocked, as it had come from their side. Neville stood, wand raised, as Voldemort fell, his lifeless body thunking as it hit the cobblestones. Suddenly, spells were being cast everywhere. Some of the Death Eaters disappeared.

"Hello, Draco." Bellatrix stood in front of him. "Did you hear about your parents?"

"Don't speak of them, you psycho!" Draco didn't want to hear about his parents' death. Ever.

"Why, don't you want to know what I did? Hear how they begged for their lives? Learn how I-"

"Avada Kadavra!" A green light erupted from Draco's want, silencing his aunt forever. Next thing he knew, Draco's world had gone black, and he was passed out before he even hit the ground.