Chapter IX-Noel

Draco woke suddenly with a hiss, his left arm burning suspiciously. The sudden movement and the hissing woke the other boy.

"Everything okay?" Harry was alert and looking at Draco with concern.

"The mark. It burns. He must be gathering the others." Draco sounded scared and looked even more terrified.

"Don't worry. He can't find you here; our wards are too good. Dumbledore himself helped Sirius and Remus, who are also really good at magic, raise them." The brunette's voice was quiet but sure, in a way that left his friend no choice but to trust him. Draco looked at Harry for a while, a thoughtful look on his face.

"Thank you, Harry. For everything. I don't know what else I'd have done." Draco meant every word he spoke.

"Of course, Draco. I wouldn't leave you to suffer. Ever." Harry, then stood up and stretched his hand out for Draco to follow him. Draco took the outstretched hand, not even thinking that he was holding hands with the Harry Potter, but knowing he felt safe with this boy.

Both boys were shocked when they went downstairs. In the events of the last few days, they had somehow forgotten that it was Christmas.

"Merry Christmas, boys." Sirius beamed like a child in Honeydukes.

"But I don't have anything for you guys." Draco looked down, embarrassed at his lack of gifts for his hosts.

"Nothing to worry about. We are gonna have breakfast, and then get ready. The Weasleys should be here for lunch, I believe. So dress at least partly nice." The last sentence seemed to be aimed at Sirius and Harry, both of whom feigned insult. As Remus gestured the boys to eat, Sirius noticed something the boys didn't. They hadn't let go of each other's hands until they sat to eat. Everyone chatted as they enjoyed breakfast, avoiding the heavier topics.

"So are you to like...." Draco looked back and forth between the two men.

"No, we are just friends. I live here because, a) I help with Harry, b) Sirius hates living alone, and c) not everyone wants to rent to a werewolf. Though you aren't the first to question our relationship." Both Sirius and Remus chuckled. "What about you boys? Any lucky ladies? Or dudes?" Remus leaned forward with interest.

"No." Both teens responded together.

"I'm not exactly popular at school. A son of a death eater chumming it up with the Chosen One? Don't exactly have guys lining up for my hand." Draco just shrugged. Remus, looking at the wall clock, realized how late it was getting and ushered the boys upstairs to shower, noting they were in the same clothes from Friday.

"Here." Once upstairs, Harry handed Draco a set of clothes. "I figured what doesn't fit you, can be magically altered." Harry had a warm expression on his face as he directed the blond to the bathroom, where they took their turns getting cleaned up.

"Why do I have a 'H' sweater?" Draco looked down at the green material that matched Harry's eyes.

"I didn't think you wanted to wear maroon, so that's all I had." Harry seemed to look pleased that Draco was wearing his sweater. "You ready?" Draco nodded, and the two teens headed downstairs.

"Oh good, he's in sleeves. I didn't tell them about why Draco is here. Figured we could save the unsavory explanations for after Boxing Day." Draco felt relieved. He wasn't quite ready to face the questions he knew were coming. Soon the guests arrived, and they wasted no time opening presents. Draco was surprised that he got a few. A Gryffindor scarf from Remus and Sirius obviously meant as a joke, a muggle book from Hermione, a broom from Harry (which earned the bulkier boy a hug), and his wand with a note only reading "sorry" in his mother's handwriting. Soon, Draco opened his last package, homemade fudge and a yellow sweater with green stars.

"Thought I could give you colors if both your native house and your adoptive house." Mrs. Weasley looked quite warmly at Draco. "Go ahead and try it on."

As Draco removed on the sweater for another, he heard an audible gasp from the red-headed family.

"You bloody Death Eater," was all Draco heard before the youngest Weasley son tackled him. Harry pulled Ron off of him, throwing him into Sirius and Remus, the men grabbing hold of the teen. Draco, with tears running down his face, ran upstairs and locked himself in the only place he felt safe.

After some yelling downstairs, it sounded like Harry was pissed, Draco heard a knock on the door.

"Please, Draco, let me in," Harry's voice sounded much calmer than when Draco could hear him yelling downstairs, "I know you're upset but please, don't lock yourself away. I took care of Ron. Actually, I'm almost sure I broke his nose." Harry said the last part a bit quieter.

"You broke his nose?" A puffy-eyed Draco opened the door.

"Yeah, I think so." Harry offered up his busted, and bloody, fist as proof. Grabbing Harry's other hand, Draco trudged back down to the others, knowing he'd have to face this eventually.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, there's another chapter. I've had this written out for days but keep forgetting to type up the raw chapter. Thank you xscaredpotterx for being my first vote and my first comment. Also, it appears my cat loves this story as well

 Also, it appears my cat loves this story as well