Klyde & Niall

I took a deep breath as I looked in the mirror. I was wearing my uniform. A navy blue polo top with black Nike shorts and white running shoes. My dark, brown wavy hair was back in a pony tail and I had minimal make up on. Only a bit of mascara to bring out my brown eyes. Today was my first day work. I was working at a local Holiday club as a basketball trainer, having one on one sessions with whoever paid for them. I was hoping at least someone fit would pay for them.

"KLYDE! TIME TO LEAVE! YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LATE!" My mum shouted from downstairs. She also worked at the Holiday club, but behind reception. It was 7:30 and my first session was scheduled for 8am. God knows why anyone would want to play basketball that early.

"COMING!" I yelled back, grabbing my phone and headphones. I slid them in my short pockets and jogged downstairs. My mum was waiting for me in her smart black trousers, white shirt and black blazer with her brown hair in a bun. She smiled and walked out the door. I followed her and got into the passenger seat of her Mini Cooper.

"You excited for your first day of work?" She asked, turning on Radio 1. I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz was playing and I turned up the volume slightly. I love this song!

"Yeah, but why someone wants a session at 8am beats me!" I moaned. I rested my head against the head rest and whispered to lyrics to myself. I looked out the window and watched the scenery blur past. The streets were pretty quiet due to it being early morning, but there was still the odd people about. No teenagers in sight as it was the summer holidays and they were probably still asleep, like I should be.

"We're here." Mum said. I didn't even notice the time fly by. I got out of the car and walked across the carpark to the main building. I found a door saying 'Staff Room' and decided to go in there. I didn't have my first session until 15 minutes. There was already a boy in there, about my age, with dyed blonde hair spiking up. He was playing on his Ipod but looked up and the door clicked shut. He had piercing blue eyes and a killer smile. His teeth showed and I could see clear braces. I never knew braces could look so hot on someone.

"Hey, you must be Klyde, the new girl, right?" He asked. He had a thick Irish accent which just made him 100 times fitter. He stood up and walked towards me.

"Yeah, that's me." I said quietly. Talking to strangers wasn't my best point. When meeting new people, I am rediculously shy. He stuck his hand out and I slipped mine in his, shaking it.

"I'm Niall." He smiled again. I smiled slightly and nodded. "I'll show you where the courts are and you can get ready for your first session." I nodded again and followed him to the courts. It wasn't exactly tricky to remember the way. The courts were outside and were huge! Picture the NBA courts and you got the courts here. Niall chuckled at me and I blushed. We said our goodbyes and it was time for my first session. It was with a girl, around 10, called Katie. Let the sessions begin.

***

I walked into the staff room. It's 1:15 and I have my lunch break. Niall was already in there, eating some chicken that I presume is from Nandos due to the lable on the box. He looked up and smiled at me. I couldn't help but giggle at the mess. His hands were covered in chicken and it was around his mouth, yet he still looked adorable.

"Afternoon." I said quietly. I looked down at my feet and sat at the chair opposite Niall at the table. I got my chicken wrap out of my bag and started munching. Theere was a comfortable silence between us while we ate. Somehow Niall managed to eat 2 chicken wings by the time I finished my wrap. That boy can eat.

"So, Klyde, you any good at basketball?" He asked, wiping his mouth with a napkin. I nodded nervously, finding interest in the plain, wooden table. "Fancy a quick game? One on one, winner thinks of a forfeit?" I looked up at him. I've always like competition. I smiled.

"You're on." I said confidently. He smiled a crooked smile and we walked to the courts. He had a basketball with him that was left at the staff room. He stood in the middle of the courts, bouncing the ball by himself. I took this as my chance and charged at him, bouncing the ball away from him and dribbling it to the hoop. I picked it up and chucked it at the hoop, and watched it as it went through the net. I grabbed the ball and turned around to see Niall staring at me with him mouth open.

"Told you I was good." I smirked, chucking the ball at him.

"We'll see." He smirked back.

***

After half an hour of playing basketball, I gave in and admitted defeat. He cheered and chucked the ball in the hoop in victory. I rolled my eyes. I sat on the edge of the courts on the grass, soaking up the sun. Niall sat beside me.

"So, what's my forfeit?" I asked him. He smirked.

"A date. With me. 7 o'clock?" He asked.

"Not much of a forfeit but I guess I have no choice." I winked. He passed me his phone and typed in my number. "I'll text you where to pick me up." I smiled.

"It's a date." He smiled back. He stood up and held his hands out to help me. He pulled me up and we walked back to the staff room. Maybe this job won't be so bad. My first day was pretty good after all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kind of adjusted your idea, but I hope you like it:) I was thinking of what to write and this idea sort of came to me:)