Danielle & Zayn

Danielle's POV

I couldn't believe my eyes. My boyfriend, the one I loved and adored, on top of Courtney, half naked and feeling her up? I slammed his bedroom door shut and ran downstairs. Today was his 17th and he was having a house party. The party had only just started so he can't blame it on the alcohol. I pushed passed the crowd in the lounge and headed towards the front door, fighting the tears back. I ignored him shouting my name behind me and slammed the front door shut behind me. How could he? After 6 months, Chase cheats on me with Courtney?! The girl who makes my school life a living hell, and he knows that! I ran down the street, tears wet on my cheeks. Thank god I didn't wear heels. I ran straight to the park and up the path through the woods. I hate the dark, but I couldn't care less. I tripped over a stone and fell to the ground. Pain shot through my knees instantly, but I already too hurt to care. I sat up and rested my back against the tree. My knees up, head in my hands resting on my knees, sobbing my heart out.

"DANI! DANIELLE? WHERE ARE YOU?" I heard someone shout. The shouts and footsteps got closer until the person sat down next to me. I looked up to see who it was. Zayn. He's my best friend. We grew up together and he's always been there for me. He put his arm around me and pulled me into his chest, causing me to cry harder. He rubbed my back and stroked my hair, kissing my forehead. "Hey, baby, what's caused my little Danielle to cry in the middle on the wood?"

"Ch-chase...C-courtney...both...half..n-.naked..." I managed to choke out. He let me cry into his chest for a good 15 minutes before pulling me to stand up.

"Common, I'm taking you home." He said, putting his arm around my waist and walking me off. I stopped.

"I don't want to go home. Not looking like this!" I said. I proberly looked awful. Mascara all over my cheeks, my eyes red and...just being me.

"I'll take you to my place then. I'm home alone so don't worry, my mum won't see you." He reasurred me, walking me to his house. I nodded. He bent down to whisper in my ear. "And I think you look beautiful, as always." Great, not only will my eyes be red, but my cheeks are proberly bright red. We got back to his place within 5 minutes and he took me straight up to his room. He got out his usual grey joggers and blue top that I wear and gave me his mums make up wipes. I went to the bathroom and quickly got changed, not bothering to look in the mirror. I went back to Zayn's bedroom but he wasn't there. I walked over to his mirror that hung on the wall and looked at myself. My long, brown wavy hair was still in it's loose bunchies, quite neat, but my chocolate brown eyes were now red. I hated how I looked. I'm stupidly insecure. I bet that's why Chase cheated on me, because I wasn't pretty enough like Courtney was. I sighed, tears lining my eyes.

"You don't realise how gorgeous you look in my clothes." I turned around to see Zayn leaning on his side against the door frame. I looked down and blushed.

"No I'm not." I mumbled. "That's why he cheated on me. Because I'm not pretty, not even in the slightest." Zayn walked up to me, taking my face in his hands, making me look him in the eye. I loved his eyes and his golden skin. The way he can always make me feel better just by smiling at me.

"Yes you are! Now, lets get off all that make up to reveal the real, much beautifuler, Danielle." He smiled. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Beautifuler? Zayn, that's not even a word." I pointed out, sitting on his bed while he got out a make up wipe and started to wipe off my make up.

"It is now." He winked. My stomach flipped and my heart raced. I suddenly felt weak. Since when did Zayn make me feel like this? He never used to make me feel so...head over heels over him! He finished wiping off my make up and chucked the dirty wipe in the bin, lying behind me on the bed and pulling me down next to him. He put his arm around my waist and I rested my head on his chest. "Now, going to tell me what happened at the party, or do you not want to talk about it?"

"I don't want to talk about it, but I spose it's better I tell someone sooner rather than later." He nodded and gave me a reasurring smile. "I got there late, and his mate, Kian (say it Keean) told me he was in his room, so I went up there and there he was, on the bed, on top of Courtney. Both in their underwear and his hand down her pants." I fought back the tears. There's no way I'm shedding one more tear over that dick head! Zayn pulled me closer.

"I'm sorry D. He doesn't deserve and amazing girl like you." He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

"I'm not amazing." I mumbled into his chest, bear chest might I add.

"Yes you are! You're such a good listener, you're funny, you're an amazing singer and song writer! And don't freak but there's a spider on the bed." I screamed and jumped off the bed. Zayn just burst out laughing.

"That's not funny! You know I hate spiders." I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest. See what I mean? Zayn just has a way of making all the bad feelings in me disappear. He calmed down and patted the space next to him, telling me to lie there. I did as I was told and cuddled into his chest again. He lifted my chin with his finger so I was looking up at him, our mouths inches apart.

"I love you Danielle." He whispered. I could feel his breath against my lips. My heart skipped a beat and my stomach flipped again. Before I had the chance to say anything, his lips came crashing against mine. It felt right. The whole concept of fireworks and everything in my head! Cliche, I know, but there were fireworks in my head. He didn't kiss me like Chase did, all needy and rough. Zayn was soft, gentle and passionate, like he actually meant it. I pulled back.

"I love you too Zayn." I smiled. He smiled back, causing shivers going down my spine.

"Be mine? I've waited ages to finally ask you. Please, be my girlfriend?" He asked. I couldn't find the word...started with a y....what was it? Oh what the hell! I returned my lips to his to give him an answer. He pulled back. "Guessing that's a yes?"

"Nah, it's a no." I winked. He giggled. Man, his giggle is cute. He tightened his grip around my waist as I snuggled back in his chest. For the first time in 6 months, I felt safe and loved. Like I belonged. All because of my amazing boyfriend, Zayn Malik.