Chapter 24:

Everything was organised. To give myself time to pack up everything I would need to live in London, I was leaving with Perry in the first week of January. That gave me two weeks to send things over via express postage, donate the things I didn’t want to take with me to charity and pack the things I did want and need into suitcases.

My room at Helena and Andrew’s apartment was the biggest mess at the moment. There were labelled boxes, open suitcases and things just strewn about everywhere. Make-up bags, jackets, dresses, shoes, knick-knacks, books. Everything was just everywhere.

            “How can one girl have so many shoes?” Perry groaned as he dropped an expensive Tony Bianco shoe onto the floor.

            “That was expensive!” I hissed at him.

            “Bells! Do you need more boxes?” Andrew called out.

            “Um,” I looked around, “Yeah!”

            “Alright I’ll run out and get some!”

            “When’s Helena coming back with the food?” Perry called.

            “Soon!” Andrew responded and I laughed.

            “Perry start wrapping up my shoes in tissue paper, please,” I instructed him. I obviously couldn’t take all the shoeboxes, which annoyed me to no end but I would do my best to protect them. So the shoes were being wrapped in tissue paper and then sealed in a vacuum bag.

            “I don’t understand how you accumulated so many shoes in six months,” he said for the billionth time, “And these,” he said picking up a pair of Guess flats, “I’ve never even seen you wear them!”

            “I have so worn them, now shush up and do your job!”

            “Yeah, yeah,” he muttered as I folded my winter clothes and placed them in one of the open suitcases. I was shipping over my summer clothes seeing as when I arrived in London I’d only need winter clothes because it was winter there.

            “So is your family expecting you?”

            “Well I told Oly not to tell them I was coming, I said I wanted to surprise them.”

            “Where’s Oly at now?”

            “Her plane left this morning. She should be halfway to London by now. Are you all packed?”

            “Yes most of my boxes have already been shipped.”

            “You’re so organised,” I said rolling my eyes.

            “Yeah well I’ve lived in Sydney for eighteen years and I haven’t accumulated this much crap,” he muttered and I threw a coat hanger at him, which he caught as he laughed.

            “You be quiet and stop picking on me. I like to shop.”

I heard the front door open followed by Helena calling out, “Food!”

Perry and I dropped whatever we were doing and went straight for the kitchen. The smell of McDonald’s drifted through the apartment as Helena started organising whose meal was whose.

I recognised mine – a cheeseburger meal and dug into it straight away. All the packing exhausted me.

            “Are you even half done packing yet?”