Chapter 8:

April and I were having breakfast and getting ready to go to work. She eyed me over the bench and I rolled my eyes.

            “What?” I asked.

            “We should organise a group and go out.”

            “Sounds good.”

            “We could invite Lucy, Lucas, Alex and Rick and you could invite Niall.”

            “Uh-uh. No way. Niall is not meeting them.”

            “Why not?”

            “Because,” I had no good reason, “I said so.”

            “Fine. What if you, Niall and me go out together?”

            “Why?”

            “Because, I said so.”

            “You’re so original,” I said rolling my eyes. “Fine. I’ll organise something.”

            “Okay great. Ask him if he wants to bring a friend too.”

            “Are you going to bring nurse guy?”

            “Oh God no. He’s not meeting you until you stop calling him nurse guy.”

            “Fair enough,” I shrugged. “Anyway lets get going.”

So a week later April, Niall and I were at a bar and Niall brought Liam along, which I wasn’t too pleased about because I was pretty sure he didn’t really like me.

We ended up going to some Irish pub that Niall suggested and I had to admit it was a beautiful place with a detailed wooden bar right in the middle of the place and tables around the pub. The walls were wooden panels and the lighting was dim. There was a dartboard hanging on the wall and a group of people were playing and there was also a pool table.

We sat down in a booth and ordered drinks and got talking. Surprisingly April and Liam got on very well.

            “I’ll go get us another round,” Liam announced getting up.

            “And I’m going to head to the bathroom,” I stood up and hiccupped from the alcohol.

I walked to the bathroom did my business and when I was washing my hands I noticed my lipstick needed touching up. So I quickly touched that up and wiped away any smudged make-up.

Leaving the bathroom I saw Niall and April talking intensely. The booth we had occupied was right next to the hall that lead to the bathrooms so I could hear the conversation perfectly. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop I just stumbled across it. I hid behind the wall and listened in.

            “But she only sees me as a friend. Hell, I walked in on her and that guy the morning after and she didn’t even care. In fact she told me he was good in bed,” he said and he sounded bitter.

            “Eww,” April said, “I didn’t need to know that.”

            “She’s your sister.”

            “I know ad she’s frustrating. You guys would be perfect together. You just, urgh, I don’t know what to say. You just need to be patient.”

            “I am trying too but she just sees us as friends.”

            “No, I know Bella. She’s, she’s putting up a wall. She likes you, she just doesn’t know it yet.”